Chapter 12: War of the Gods

Mystery POV

As I was entering Hades chambers I heard a loud crash and a small girl fell to the floor. I quickly rushed over to her and turned her on her back. I gasped in shock at her appearance.

Her skin was almost white, like paper. Her hair was lifeless and brittle, her lips were turning a horrid black color and it was spreading all over her face.

Dear gods he took life from her! That bastard actually sucked her life out of her. This is not how it was supposed to be. He was supposed to love her, cherish her, keep her safe and now he's gone and pretty much killed her!

I need to get her out of here before he comes back. He doesn't deserve a mate if this is how he will treat her.

Scooping the fragile girl in my hands I gently and carefully cradled her in my arms, afraid I might break her. Standing straight I held her close to my chest and began to walk over to the balcony where a white pillar of fog was clouding.

Just as I was about to enter the portal the door swung open and in step all mighty Hades, pissed as ever.

Rushing in I quickly stepped into the white fog, it began to swirl around my form until i was conpletely consumed by it from head to toe. when i looked back i saw Hades on the other side of the portal glaring and shouting at me. Gone from the under world and from Hades.

Serves him right, he has committed an act of war and now he will reap the consequences. Raping your beloved is just as bad as murder. A crime punishable by death. Take it a god cannot die but there are other punishments just as bad.

Walking further into the smog I saw the end of the path and quickened my steps and soon was stepping out on the other side of Olympia.

I could feel the life draining from the poor soul in my arms and broke out into a small sprint until I reached the palaces golden gates. They opened automatically for me and I stepped through.

Rushing through the palace I soon came upon Zeus' golden throne room encrusted with green vines and silver flowers. It almost looked like an indoor garden of the gods.

"Master we have the girl!" Athos gushed as he laid the small girl on the floor before Zeus' feet.

The all powerful Zeus rose from his throne and looked down upon the girl. His cold heart clenched as he saw the state she was in.

He took one large step and bent down to her level.

Athos gasped in shock for he had never seen his master go down on his knees for anyone.

"What happened to her" Zeus asked softly but strongly.

"Hades practically sucked the life out of her" Athos replied

"So young...so beautiful..." Zeus whispered so low that not even Athos could hear it. As he brought his large rough hand to her face he lightly touched her cheek with his finger tips.

An odd feeling began to stir within the cold voids of his heart. A feeling that hasn't veered its ugly face for many a century.

The small smile was wiped of Zeus face as memories began to stir within the confines of his mind. So much pain and destruction, he thought.

Never again!

Straightening up to his full and intimidating height Zeus ordered Athos. "Take her to Aremus, stay with her until she is well again!".

Athos bowed and picked up the girl once again, taking her to Aremus Olympia's medicine man.

***

Zeus POV

As I saw Athos taking away the beautiful girl I was immediately consume by raw rage.

What insulate creature could ever harm such a fragile being? Such purity and child like play. Given she was gravely ill and was not nearly to her full wits but heaven help me how beautiful she must be when well.

Turning away from his golden doors he sighed "Time to visit dear brother" he said to himself. He shall pay for what he's done. Not even family will escape his wrath. He shall be dealt with personally.

Walking with his head held high Zeus stormed through the castle to his chambers. In one flash he was taken up in a stroke of lightening and landed crouched in the middle of Hades palace, crushing the floor beneath him.

"Why brother, what a lovely surprise!" Hades mused with a sneer.

Straightening from his crouched position Zeus lifted his head and snarled at his brother with a look of murder evident in his eyes.

"Has everything we ever learned been for not brother? We were taught to treasure what was ours, to love our mates! You have defiled the oldest and noblest of laws."

"Ahh brother the oldest and noblest, you were always one for tradition weren't you? But do I look like someone to respect the law?" Hades laughed bitterly. Taking one, two, three steps down his podium he came face to face with the all mighty Zeus...well more like face to chest. No one could compete with Zeus.

"What you have done to that girl was-"

"Was necessary! She had something that I wanted and I took it. She will get over it in time. Once she loves me all will be forgotten!"

"YOU CANNOT TAKE WHAT YOU WANT WHEN YOU PLEASE BEOTHER!" Zeus boomed as he felt his anger rise.

"You have taken her from her home, forced her into a world unknown to her and taken away the very thing every women treasures! This is an act of war and you knew that!" Zeus yelled and took a threatening step forward.

"Yes I knew that, and that was the plan dear brother" Hades said simply with a crude smile plastered on his face.

"Why? Why would you want war amongst our people?" Zeus questioned. "War in Olympia would mean the destruction of earth".

"War means death and the more death, the more souls get faired to the underworld. I feed off of death, I earned for it. Ever since you left me here to rot Iv learned to harness the very thing that fuels people's fear." Hades spat venomously at his brother.

Zeus roughly grabbed hold of Hades neck and squeezed. "No, there is more".

Hades smiled and shrugged "Guess you'll have to find out but mark my words brother, I will have my day and when I do I will plunge my dagger into your heart and watch as the one you love scream in terror and then ill rip her heart out!".

"You deceitful excuse for a living being! There is no love and there never will be!" Zeus fumed and dropped Hades to the floor in a heap.

Rubbing his neck Hades collected himself from the floor and stood. "Oh brother, there is so much you have yet to know. When the time comes, and it is coming, all will be revealed and the earth shall become our battle ground".

***