Chapter 22: Persephone's Pearls

"I don't want it!" , He bellowed with rage as I sat crying at his knees.

"Hades PLEASE! It's your child! Your blood!?", I screamed as he ripped me up from the floor.

"GET RID OF IT", Hades yelled and coldly stalked out od the room, leaving a trail of fire in his wake. He wants it dead, his own child he has asked me to kill. His own legacy. . .

I sunk to the floor once more as I began to wail uncontrollably. I won't kill my own child, he is out of his bloody mind if he thinks I will willingly kill one of my own.

It seemed as if I was seated on the cold marble floor for hours, crying as if the world was ending. But it was, my world was ending. My very existence was now ending.., if this baby dies I will with it.

Sighing as I began to choke on my tears the great hall's doors opened to reveal the monster himself once more. "What do you want?", my voice was cold and icy as I glared at him with hatred.

". . .you have one year, you are to leave my presence for one year to decide what to do with that abomination. Choose its fate and return back to me, and if you do not I will come looking for my you myself. . .and that will not end well", his tone was distant and filled with disgust.

I let out a sob as I rose and approached him. "Why are you doing this? Why can you not accept it?".

He sighed gravely and turned to me with lifeless eyes. "Because I cannot produce life".

I gasped "BUT YOU HAVE! THIS CHILD BELONGS TO YOU!!!", I sobbed as I clung to his satin jacket. He cradled me as he picked me up bridal style as I still cried on him. He carried me to his throne and sat with me in his lap.

He grabbed my chin softly and turned my head to him. "Look at me Laural", he said with a clipped tone. "This child is an abomination, I am Death itself. That 'thing' should not have been created in the first place. You either let me kill it, or you go, birth it and do what you will with it. I will not have life in this place, let alone a child thriving in hell".

I was bawling mu eyes out at this point. My nose was running, my eyes were bloodshot, and i could hear the blood rushing to my ears. "You are willing to give up your own child you monster!" I screamed as he sighed and pulled me off his lap. "I have no other choice Laural, hell is no place for a baby. . ." he icily looked at me then left, left me screaming and crying for the life of my child.

***

It seemed like hours until I pulled myself together and rushed into my chambers. My head was rushing with so many thoughts I was beginning to form a headache. I had to get out of here, I had to leave, and this time I was NOT coming back.

Pulling together a new dress, a off white satin one with aqua pearls lining the bodice I slapped on a black hooded cloak and locked my bedroom door. I walked to the center of my rather large room and pulled the hood over my mass of black curls.

Sighing I reached for the biggest aqua pearl in the center of the bust of my bodice and ripped it from its stiching. I brought it to my feet as it began to glow a luminescent blue and crushed it beneath my shoe. The smell of the sea entered my nose as blue and green vapor poured from the crushed pearl and surrounded me in a nautical mist. I invisiioned where I wanted to be and soon my feet lifted off the ground and I was swishing through the mist of Persephone's Pearl.

***

I am so sorry it took so long and it's not that long. Life is a but hectic as of right now but I promise the next one will not be so long.