Chapter 20: Sacred Love

•••

"Zeus" I mumbled aloud. Zeus was in that pool. Why though? Was he stuck in there? Was this real?

"Child what you see is what you get" the first fate spoke.

"This is reality, and it's yours" the third hissed.

I shivered as the wind blew past me. What are they talking about? Hell is my reality! That's all iv ever and will know...right?

"Your as blind as you are stupid Loral. This is not your reality." she gestured to all around us. "if this was truly reality don't you think you would be the smallest bit happy?" the fate one inquired.

I thought for a moment "happiness isn't real" I finally said. It was true, happiness doesn't exist. No form of happiness does. At least not here, it's not possible.

"Right so what are you doing here? Tell us that..."

Could I tell them that? Tell them why, when I don't even know why...This is my fate. Fate is unkind and cruel. Surely these 'things' who call themselves fate know this. I can't changed the past, nor can I join my future. This is me, permanently frozen in time. Not moving forward nor back, always in the present.

"Dull your mind is, why do you see so little worth in fate?" the tall skinny one asked.

"Because fate is left to the cold hearted and bitter, fate is not love and is not happiness" I was firm on that assumption. That's truly all iv ever known, or I think it is. Honestly I'm not sure of anything anymore.

"Fate is not happiness...is not love" she continued. "do you not remember a love you had once, a sacred love."

The first stepped forward "a love that was to prevail all evil but shatter all dreams."

And last fate spoke up "a love so strong it would start a war..."

I gasped, a love I once had. I had that love? With him? The god with the sad face, I loved him? I knew him yes I know that, but love? I was in love with THE god of Olympus...

"Ahh she remembers. Yee of little faith child, choose your path wisely little one. For is may be the thin line between life or death." and then they were gone. Suddenly revering back into stone cold sculptures.

Why is 'fate' in hell? Is this they're resting place? Why would creatures of hell help me? Or were they creatures of light? Maybe of the world... ahh this is all to confusing!

It matters not now I guess. I'm not getting out, ever. There is no way to get out anyhow. Many have tried, all have failed. The hounds of hell find them and dispose of the runaways long before they make it to the gate. So many have tried Hades eventually had the gate destroyed, now none can leave except 'HIM'.

I don't want to go back. I don't want to go to him. I-I want...I don't know what I want...

Do I want untouchable freedom, peace...love? Did I think I could find that from Hades? Was there truly a time I loved him...yes, there was...

A time long ago, so very long ago. It almost seems a distant memory. I was just starting out...yes! that's it I remember that. I was new, new in something...a time were I would have done anything for him. I would have followed him where he led, I swill owes my pride for that man...wait, which man?

Zeus or Hades...?

Zeus...was it...i l-love him...I stayed here, for him...i stayed for him! I swallowed my pride for the sake of man kind.

Does that mean I once loved man? If I cared for the sake of earth I must have.

I can't, I couldn't have...but I did.

I said something though, I said something to him before he left me here to rot.

I told him- what did I tell him?

I said-no I told- wait no-uhh what was it?! LOVE! That was it! I told him I-I loved him. I did it because I loved him! Not Hades but Zeus!

I remember, my promise, his promise. My god that was so long ago...Hades made me a promise aswell.. he said I would never leave him for the lesser good.

I never knew what that meant until today, my love for a man was forbidden, our sacred love would start a war. That's what the fates meant.

Is it right to risk man kind for love..? My love...

'Oh sweet love' I thought as I felt my heart skip a beat. For the the firs time in centuries my heart had a beat. Goosebumps appeared on my arms and a small smile etched it's way into my face.

My Zeus...

I'm sorry Hades, but, I'm giving up on you.