Living with the schools jerk 41

Luke's P.O.V

I watched her as she ate, willing myself to stop feeling like this for her. But I just couldn't. I was so scared of this feeling that I was running from it. I tried as much as possible to ignore her, only talking with her when necessary, thinking this would rid of it all. But it wasn't working, and I was made to come face to face with the fact that I was in love with Tarsha.

I loved everything about her; her smell, her voice and her laugh, the way she bites her lip when she has something on her mind, her beautiful face, her flirty ways, her kindness and generosity, and most of all, her smile.

Tarsha's P.O.V

I looked around our lunch table sighing. I looked back down at my pasta, turning it around on my fork. I've been having a bad week. For some unknown reason, Mitch has been acting really weird around me. Every time I ask him if he wants to go out, he claims he's busy. When I ask if something is wrong, he shuts me out. I'm worried I've done something to upset him, or even anger.

Then there's Luke. He may as well be ignoring me, the rate he's going at. He hardly ever talks to me, and if he does it's when I make the effort. I just don't understand; surely he's not that angry because I'm dating Mitch? I don't know, but what I did was that whatever the reason, it was breaking my heart. I miss him. So much that I feel like crying.

Looking around the table again, it pained me to see the seat where Kelly is usually sitting empty. She was hardly ever away, but for the past week I'd been back at school she had only been here once. I don't know what's going on with her, every time I call her phone it rings through. She is really worrying me. I think I'll drive past her house later.

I continued to eat as I wondered about Luke's birthday. I wonder if he's going to have a seventeenth. Mine is before his, but I already know I'm not up for a party. It's actually in two days. I kind of hope nobody remembers. Usually I'd love when my birthday comes, but not this time around. I just have too much on my mind, I think.

"Tarsha?" I looked up from my food which I had been eating and at Chase. He looked pained and I furrowed my eyebrows. "What's up?" I asked and he looked uncomfortable as he seemed to not only grab my attention, but also Tammy's, Mitch's, James' and Luke's. "Um, care for a walk in the courtyard?" He pleaded me with his eyes as he stood up. I nodded cautiously and tried to ignore the curious looks I was getting from the other three.

We walked in silence to the courtyard, but we didn't stop there. He continued to walk further until finally we were on the edge of the oval, near the car park. He stopped and I done the same. I looked at him and it tore me apart to see his worried and scared face. Something serious was happening, I could feel it.

Chase's P.O.V

I hesitated. What was I suppose to say? I could tell Tarsha knew something was wrong the way her eyes were now wide with worry. "Chase?" She asked me nervously and I swallowed, deciding the the direct approach was as good as anything.

"Tarsh," I took her hand. "Please, and I'm begging here, please." She looked at me alarmed, and to anyone else looking at us I realized this might give off a wrong impression, but I didn't care. "What's going on with Kelly?" I asked her softly and her eyes narrowed. "What, wait. What do you mean?" She asked me, obviously confused.

I sighed, closing my eyes and dropping her hand. I was sure that if anyone knew, it would be her. "Wait, come again?" She asked me, and I heard urgency in her voice. I sighed again and said it out straight. "Tarsha, I want to know now what happened to Kelly's cheek, and why I'm always seeing bruises, cuts and marks. If you can't tell me, then I'm going to find someone else." I told her angrily. I didn't mean to direct it at her, I'm frustrated she didn't have the answers that I so desperately need.

"Shit," She whispered and her eyes started to water. "Oh fuck! You don't mean to tell me?" She looked at me pleadingly and I felt my heart beat faster. "It's happening again?" She asked and she sank into the grass. I followed her lead and sat with her, grabbing both her hands. "Just say it for me Tarsh, just say it. Tell me what it is. What's happening again?" I needed her to tell me so I knew it was true. I'd picked up all the signs and her behavior about it but I just needed someone to confirm it for me.

"It's all starting again. He was suppose to have stopped, he promised. Chase," She looked at me, tears coming out of her eyes free willingly now. "Chase, she's being physically abused... Again." She whispered to me.