To Wade's I Go

..::Chapter Nine::..

..:Faith Ellsworth's P.O.V.::.. 

I knock on the door, fidgeting with the hem of my sweater nervously. The door opens, revealing a little girl with long blonde hair and pale blue eyes. She smiles at me and says, "Hi, I'm Dawn. Are you Faith?"

I cock my head to the side. "Yeah, that's me. Are you Wade's little sister?" Did I seriously just ask her that? I mean, who else would she be? His cat? 

"Yup!" She grabs my hand and beams up at me. "Come one! Wade says you're funny. Are you a clown?" she wonders aloud, dragging me into the house.

"Not exactly." I chuckle.

As we enter the living room, I see Wade sitting on the couch. He's wearing a white button-up over a pair of black jeans and I have to say, he looks incredible. I'm so jealous that he can look like a model without even trying. 

He rakes a hand through his hair and looks over at me. Dawn runs over to him and jumps onto his lap, giggling. "Faith is here! You were right, she's really really pretty. Will I look pretty like her when I grow up too?"

"Of course, Dawn, you're going to be beautiful."

Wade glances at me but then quickly turns away, blushing. I'm not going to let this go. "So, I'm really really pretty, am I Wade Ryker?" I smirk, watching as his face grows a deeper shade of red. Damn, he looks cute when he's embarrassed. 

Dawn slides off of Wade and scurries around the living room, looking like she's on a sugar high. Now I know why he warned me about her. This little thing is insanely hyper. 

"So, was there a reason why you wanted my company today?" he asks me, changing the subject. Fine, I'll let him off the hook.

I sigh and plop onto the sofa. "I guess I was just lonely. Mother Dearest left this morning for New York and won't be back for a month." 

He furrows his brow and turns towards me. "You call your mom Mother Dearest? Why?" 

Oops, I slipped up. "Um, it's just my nickname for her," I say quietly, looking down.

"What's wrong, Faith?" he whispers, his eyes filled with concern. 

I shift in my seat uncomfortably and avert my eyes from his intense stare. We've only known each other for a week and he already knows me too well. Better than Mother Dearest, that's for sure. 

I sigh, leaning my head back and shutting my eyes. "I'm just so sick of it! Ever since... ever since Dad died, she hasn't been the same. She use to actually give a rats arse about my life, but know she could care less. I got in trouble at my old school, as you know, but she never mentioned it until she decided to send me to Devonshire. She never cared enough to. And she even forgot my birthday.

"I know she works hard, so she gets distracted, but I can't help but feel that she works all the time so that she doesn't have to see me. I think she can't stand to look at me because I remind her too much of Dad. She didn't even tell me that she was leaving until this morning, right before her flight. It was as if she was afraid that I'm argue and she'd have to come up with some excuse as to why she doesn't care about leaving me for four weeks.

"I just... I just... I just want her to freaking love me!" I scream, finishing my rant. I can feel tears slip silently down my cheeks. Good thing I didn't wear make up today. 

Arms wrap around me protectively and Wade presses my head against his chest. "Hush now," he whispers in my ear soothingly.

I shakily breathe in his scent in an attempt to calm myself down. I can't believe I just blurted all of that out. I've never admitted it to anyone before. I hope Wade doesn't think I'm some crazy emotional chick.

"Thank you for telling me how you feel," he says after a few moments of silence. I flinch at the abruptness and I feel his arms tighten around me. 

I lift my head up to see his face and murmur, "You don't hate me now?"

I hate how vulnerable my voice sounds. I've made sure to always hold in my emotions, so that nobody would find out my weaknesses. 

He puts one hand on the back of my neck, gently stroking my hair. My heart is thumping in my chest inconsistently and at an accelerated pace. He lowers his head so that our foreheads touch, making my breathing hitch.

"Hell no."

A small smile appears on his lips and he's so close to me that I can feel our breath colliding with each other. His thumb traces my lips and are slowly replaced by his velvety lips.

They press against mine, soft and hesitant. My arms trail up his chest and wrap around his neck, tugging on his hair gently. He pulls away just enough for our lips to disconnect, and I whimper at the loss of contact. 

Since when did I become so needy? Since when have I ever needed anybody?

He chuckles and pecks my lips, licking his own lips after. God, that was hot. My eyes are drawn to his lips and I feel his chest vibrate. Obviously, he's noticed that I have been staring at them. Way to be discrete, Faith. 

"Are you getting married now?" asks an all to excited voice. Standing in front of us is a curious Dawn. Wade and I look at each other and start cracking up while poor little Dawn just walks away, looking confused.

The END! 

Just Kidding!

..::Author's Note::..

Do you love me? Hate me? What is your opinion on this scene? It pained me to have Dawn interrupt their moment, but it had to be done. Comment pretty please!