That Green Monster Called Jealousy

..::Chapter Twelve::..

..::Faith Ellsworth's P.O.V.::..

I have the worst luck in the entire universe.

Not only was I hit on by Damien, the new guy who thinks he's the epitome of badass, but my boyfriend come in just in time to witness it. So here we are, staring at each other across the room, silent and unmoving. I mentally groan, knowing how it probably looked from his point of view.

Suddenly, Wade stalks in my general direction but instead of stopping at me, he goes right past me. At first my heart clenched because I thought he was ignoring me, but that was until I saw him grip Damien's shoulder and force him around. "What the hell, dude?" Wade shouts at him. Even from here I can see the muscles in his jaw jumping.

Damien smirks and looks over Wade's shoulder at me. "What do you mean?" he asks, feigning innocence.

Wade growls in impatience. "You know fully well what I mean, Damien. You were hitting on my girlfriend!" 

Damien cocks his head to the side and says coyly, "Was I?"

"Stay away from her."

"Are you going to make me or are you all talk, lover boy?" Damien provokes. 

Abruptly, he shoves him and ignites the fire. Once the punches are thrown, I rush towards them in an attempt to mediate the fight. I stand behind Wade, trying to pull him away, but failed to see Damien's fist smash into Wade's stomach, causing him to fall on me. Before I know it, I'm on the floor beneath Wade and there's a snapping sound. Agonizing pain spreads throughout my leg and I yell through clenched teeth. 

"Oh shoot, Faith," Wade says, getting off of me. He sits down beside me and scrutinizes my leg, his eyebrows furrowed. "Damn, I think your leg's broken. We need to get you to the hospital." 

He scoops me up into his arms, careful not to move my leg much, which I'm grateful for because it freaking hurts like a MOFO. And, without another word to Damien, he carries me to his car, telling me to text Sylvia and Choe, telling them I've left. 

..::::..

After countless hours at the hospital, I'm finally allowed to go home. According to Dr. Bateman, I have fractured my fibula, which is my lower leg. Wade takes me home and helps me inside until we're both sitting on my couch, my legs draped over his lap. The awkward silence is killing me. 

"Wade..." I trail off, not knowing exactly what to say.

He runs a hand through his hair and he takes a deep breath before looking down at me again. "I know, Faith. I know that you didn't flirt with him--that it was all done on his part--but I just can't help but feel aggravated. I'm so sorry it resulted in you getting hurt."

He bends down and kisses my cast. Butterflies erupt in my stomach at that. Sometimes I wonder if he's really the same guy I met on the first day of detention. "It's okay. I mean, it's nice to know that you get jealous," I say, smirking.

He frowns. "I don't get jealous."

"Oh you don't do you? So I can just call Damien right now and take him up on his offer?" I taunt him, taking out my phone. 

"Do you actually have his number?" he inquires. I raise my brow. "Not that I'm jealous or anything..." he adds quickly. 

I chuckle, putting my phone back in my pocket. "No, I don't," I tell him reassuringly. 

I readjust myself so that I'm sitting on his lap completely. Leaning down until my lips brush his ear, I whisper, "You know, you're pretty sexy when you're jealous." Not giving him a chance to reply, I bring my lips down on his. The kiss is slow, teasingly slow.

"I thought I was sexy all the time, not just when I'm jealous," he murmurs against my lips. 

I pull back, grinning. "So you admit that you get jealous!" 

He rolls his eyes and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me back to him. "Shut up."

..::Author's Note::..

Sorry it's so short but I just wrote this really quick. I hope you like it thought so please comment and give feedback!