Blue Polka Dots

..::Chapter Six::..

..:Faith Ellsworth's P.O.V.::..

“Miss Ellsworth, where are your history books?” Mrs. Flynn asks me, narrowing her eyes at my blank desk. What is with these teachers and being so bloody formal? My name is Faith! Get it right.

I look up at her and say monotonously, “At home.”

I woke up late this morning thanks to my failure of an alarm clock and rushed to school, completely forgetting my book bag at home. No judging aloud. We were out of coffee, so I wasn’t functioning right!

“And what are they doing there?”

I roll my eyes. What do you think they’re doing there, you crone?

“Having more fun than me,” I reply sarcastically. 

The bell rings. Dang, I'm starting to love that sound. 

"Alright, everyone, make sure you do the homework that's on the board. It's also on the school website, so you have no excuse to not have it done by tomorrow!" Mrs. Flynn yells as we all pile out the door.

Lunch time!

I bend down to grab my bag but end up swiping air. Fudge nuggets, I forgot that I left it at home. I shrug and dash into the cafeteria so that I can be in front of all of the other people waiting for hot lunch. I grab a tray and pile on every kind of fruit available today, some fruit snacks, a chocolate chip cookie, and a slice of pizza.

Nutritious. 

Not seeing Sylvia, Chloe, Soren, or Shane, I wander outside until I see a stone bench beneath a large tree. I sit on it, placing my tray of food on the grass beside it. 

"You're on my bench," says a deep voice.

What is with students and claiming school property? 

I look up and see a smirking Wade, his eyes gleaming with mischief. 

"Oh, am I now?" I lean back so that I'm now lying on the whole bench, not leaving any room for him. "I guess it's my bench now." 

One minute I'm lying on the bench and the next I'm sprawled out on the ground. I gape at him, who is now sitting on the bench, and I can tell he's trying to hold in his laughter. He looks at me and then away quickly, raking a shaky hand through his spiky hair. 

"Blue polka dots," he says randomly.

I look at him quizzically but then realize. That's the print on my underwear. I quickly squeeze my legs together and then stand up, flustered. That was so freaking embarrassing, I can't even tell you! But at least I wore my somewhat sexy underwear.

"Er, yeah," I reply.

That was smooth, Faith. Smooth as sandpaper. I sit beside him on the bench, fighting back my blush.

"Is Faith Ellsworth blushing?" He gasps, making me blush even more furiously.

Is this guy completely oblivious as to what he's doing to me? "N-No." I tell him, stuttering. I never stutter! Ugh! I wish the world would just swallow me up.

Mortified, I turn my head away and use my hair to shield my face. He leans in close and places my hair behind my hair and puts his index finger under my chin, turning my face towards him. My breath catches and my heart hammers in my chest. Is it just me or is it suddenly hot? 

"I'm sorry that I made you uncomfortable, but I like to see your blushing face," he says in a raspy voice. 

The bell rings, startling me and making Wade widen the distance between us. 

I take it back. I freaking hate that bell.

..::::..

"Trev, hurry your scrawny arse up!"

Wade and I are waiting outside of the detention room because Trevor forgot his keys in the staff lounge.

He rolls his eyes. "Now, is that how you're suppose to talk to your teacher, Miss Ellsworth?" he says, using his teacher voice. 

"Whatever."

He opens the door and I skip in, taking a seat at Trevor's desk. I swivel around in his chair so that he can't see me and then once he comes up to the desk, I swivel back around, one leg over the other and my hands folded. 

"Hello, my young padawans," I say to Wade and Trevor as they take seats in the student desks. Mwahaha. 

Abruptly, the door swings open, smacking the wall, and in walks tall, dark, and handsome. He's tall with dark brown hair and almost black eyes. He's wearing the uniform like Wade except for he has a leather jacket over it. 

"Is this the f-ing detention room?" he asks.

"Yes it is. Welcome to the dark side, new guy. We have cookies." 

..::Author's Note::..

What are your opinions guys? Team Wade of Team New Hot Badass Who Just Walked In? Is this still interesting?