First And Last Dance [Part 1]

..::Chapter Fifteen::..

..::Faith Ellsworth's P.O.V.::..

A month has passed and it's now the day of the winter formal. Normally I would just ditch or something but for some reason Sylvia persuaded Chloe, who persuaded Shane, who persuaded Wade into taking me. So here I am, rifling through rack after rack of ugly dresses along with Sylvia and Chloe, though they already bought theirs in advance. Abruptly, Chloe shoves a whole pile of dresses into my arms and shoves me into a dressing room, telling me that I have to show each and every dress to them before deciding.

Wade suggested that I play along in order to make it less painless. So that is exactly what I'm doing. After stripping to my underwear, I hold up the least colorful dress. It's a dark blue number with a boat neckline. It hugs my curves all the way down. Huffing, I throw open the curtains and waddle out. "No," I say automatically and turn back around.

Ignoring their laughter, I try on the rest of them. Well, almost. I throw on the last dress and my eyes widen. It's actually gorgeous. It's the same green as my eyes with a square neckline. It's tight on the bust but then flows down to to my knees like an upside down flower. Grinning, I step out and both of my friends gasp dramatically.

'Wade's going to go bananas!" shrieks Chloe.

Bananas? Really?

Sylvia nods her head but something looks off. "Yeah, you look really good, Faith," she says quietly.

I knit my eyebrows together but before I could think about what was bothering Sylvia, Chloe pushes me back to get dressed, telling me to meet them at McDonalds once I've payed. Oh, that reminds me. I glance down at the price tag as I remove the dress and let out a sigh of relief. It's only twenty-five dollars.

..::::..

“Faith! Your boyfriend is here!” Mother Dearest yells from downstairs.

I take one last glance I in the mirror before heading down, careful not to trip in these four-inch heels that Chloe insisted upon. What she doesn’t know is that my Chuck Taylors are already in Wade’s truck. Mwahaha.

Anyways, as I walk downstairs, I notice Wade standing at the door, looking as sexy as ever. He’s wearing a white button up, black slacks and blazer, but on his feet are Converse. I smirk at that. Great minds think alike. I take his hand and lead him outside before Mother Dearest could protest.

As we reach his truck, he spins me around until I’m backed up against the passenger side door. He places both hands on either side of my head and looks down at me. “You look so beautiful,” he whispers, our eyes interlocked.

The butterflies in my stomach must be on something gnarly because they’re going crazy. I bit me lip and smile. Until him, I never knew this feeling. I feel so excited and happy whenever I’m with him and when he’s gone, I can’t help but wonder what he’s doing. I can understand why some girls get clingy.

He leans in and I meet him half way, brushing my lips against his. I’m not even sure if what just happened can be considered a kiss. It was so light and delicate. There was no tongue or anything, just our lips stacked on top of each others for a brief moment. When Wade leans back, he opens his eyes and smiles genuinely.

“Come on,” he says gesturing towards the car. “Let’s go.”

The car ride was short, only the length of “Counting Stars” by One Republic. When we arrived, Wade opened both the car door and the gymnasium door for me, like a gentleman. The gym was filled with sparkling decorations that followed the clichéd theme of A Winter Wonderland.

“Can we leave now?” I whine.

Wade looks over at me and laughs. “Not yet, unfortunately. I promised Shane and the girls that we’d stay for at least an hour. As long as we’re here, we might as well dance.”

He held out his hand and I rolled my eyes, taking it and letting him drag me out into the crowd of people. The song “Chasing Cars” by Snow Patrol was playing and so Wade snakes his arms around my waist and I clasped my around his neck. “See, this isn’t so bad,” he commented as we swayed awkwardly.

I pursed my lips and gave him a look. “Fine. So maybe it is. But it doesn’t matter because I’ll take any opportunity to spend time with you.”

“That was cute,” I said, meaning it.

A sly smile appeared on his face. “I try.”

I scoff. “Way to ruin a moment.”

“Faith!” I hear someone call. I incline my neck to see Sylvia and Chloe rush towards me. “Come to bathroom with me,” Sylvia says, dragging me away from Wade.

As we left, I could’ve sworn I heard him mutter, “Girls.”

In the bathroom, Chloe squeals with excitement. “Shane gave me a promise ring!” she sang.

We all hugged and congratulated her. We’ve known that Shane and Chloe were in love but this was huge. It’s a promise to get married some day out of high school. I wonder if Wade will ever do something like that.

“Hey guys, I actually have to go to the bathroom so I’ll meet you both out there after,” I tell them.

They smile and nod, leaving me alone in the bathroom. After doing my business, I go to wash my hands, when all of a sudden; a sharp pain spreads throughout the back of my head. 

..::::..

A bright light causes my eyelids to flutter open. I glance around, ignoring the throbbing feeling at the back of my head. This place was unfamiliar. It looks like a barn or a shed or something with only one window on the ceiling which is the source of the light. I gulp, and panic floods me as I notice someone sitting in a chair on the other end of the room. From here, it only looks like a shadow. That was until the person stood up and walked towards me. I gasp in shock as I recognize who it was. 

"Welcome back, Faith."

Sylvia. 

..::Author's Note::.. 

This is unedited and kind of lousy of a chapter, but I hope it was okay. There is only one more chapter of this story and I hope to update it tonight so be prepared! Please comment and share this while you still can! It will be completed by tomorrow. Thanks!