Chapter 22: Break Ups and Make ups

Monday came sooner than I had hoped it would. Since Friday night, Logan has tried to call me and text me, which made me upset and mad. Mad because I told him to stay away from me and upset because there was that constant part of me that wanted to pick up the phone and answer him. I spent the weekend replaying the past few months in my head wondering what was a lie and what wasn't. I also spent it listening to all his voicemails over and over. Everything he did seemed genuine, but at the same time he had been lying about who he was.

The bell for break rang, which took me out of my thoughts. I had realized as Frankie was putting his books in his book bag that I hadn't paid attention all class. I glanced down at my notebook and only saw that I had two sentences written. My thoughts had finally come into reality to pack up and leave with Frankie. He had asked me on a few occasions already today why I was acting different than usual, but I just lied and made the excuse that I was tired. I parted ways with him and went to my locker.

After exchanging books and shutting the door, I looked up and Logan fell into my line of view. He wore a look of desperation on his face like he was yearning to speak a word to me as he leaned up against the wall in the distance. I felt the sting of tears as my vision of him became blurry. Before he could see me cry, I swiftly turned around to avoid any kind of confrontation. I was mentally crossing my fingers that he didn't show up to gym class.

~

"So where the fuck is Logan today?" Macy interrupted my thoughts of him.

"He's here," I vaguely answered hoping that'd be the last time she said his name.

"Okay. Where though?" She questioned again.

"Macy, he's at school, but forgive me for not knowing his exact location okay?" I replied harshly, not intending for it to sound like it did.

After I said that , everyone went quiet at the table in the cafeteria. I felt the glare of Frankie, Teddy, Alivia, and Macy's eyes on me because of my answer I assume.

"What's your problem today?" I heard Alivia voice across the table.

"Listen, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say it like that, it's just that he isn't the person I thought he was. I don't really want to get into it."

"Did you see him with another girl?" Teddy asked.

"No, nothing like that, he just lied about a lot of things, but it doesn't matter anymore," I then keep my head down and say quietly, " because it's over."

"I'm sure there's a reason he lied about whatever he lied about, not that I'm defending him, but he just seemed to like you a lot," Frankie says.

"I don't know what the reason is, but I don't feel the need to find out," I blatantly answer as I look up to Frankie. As I look up I see Nate walking past our table with a small group of his friends. He makes eye contact with me and it's broken after he walks past our table. "Sorry guys, but there's someone I need to talk to," I say as a grab my bag and get up from the table.

They all gave me questioning looks as I got up. I followed my eyes to where Nate sat down with his friends and headed in that direction. As I approached the table to where they all sat, I tapped on Nate's shoulder to get him to face me. His face showed complete surprise while the rest of the guys went silent and each one wore a look I could never decipher.

"Can I talk to you alone for a sec?"

He furrowed his brows together in confusion, but then nodded and followed me. I led him into an empty classroom hoping he wouldn't get the wrong idea.

"Uh, what's up?" His voice sounding shaky.

"I just wanted to let you know you that you were right about Logan," I finally said.