Chapter 6: Friday Nights and Somebody Else

Logan

My eyes met with Stella's and my heart started beating faster. I don't know what was wrong with me, this has never happened before. The speakers were blasting Midnight City by M83 in the background. It felt like something out of a movie. The people that were wasted and falling over, the people that were high trying to forget about their lives for a night, and everyone in between just disappeared and it was only us.

Her eyes were this dark aquatic green color with specks of bright blue, I could stare at them all day. My eyes made their way down to her lips. They were hint of red which drew attention to them, not that it was a bad thing, they were perfect. I just wanted to just walk right up to her and kiss them without giving her an explanation. Her hair was long and flowed down to her waist and was this light blonde color that looked like her hand had just ran through it. Her fair, glowy complexion looked photoshopped, she was like a model.  I smiled at the fact that she was wearing a leather jacket; it looked just like the one I was wearing. It was January so I'm surprised that she didn't look cold, I mean of course she didn't, she looked hot. You know what I mean. She's beautiful. I always described girls as hot, pretty, cute, attractive, or occasionally I'd call them gorgeous, but Stella is all those words and beautiful combined.

She brought me out of my thoughts by seductively biting her lip while smiling. Even her smile was gorgeous. I admired that she was different from every other high school girl I've encountered. She wasn't falling all over every guy that did so much as look at her. That and the fact that she didn't seem to care about anyone else's opinion of herself. Stella always seemed closed off though, as if she wasn't even capable of feeling any deep emotion for anything or even telling people what she was feeling; she was very guarded and it made me curious why she was like that.

She averted her gaze from mine as a girl stepped in front of her. I've never seen her before, but Stella must've known her because they hugged and then started talking. I think Stella hated me cause I slept with girls and then pretended like it never happened, but it's not like I had a choice, I couldn't have any relationships, not after what happened last year. If I ever dated a girl, I'd be putting their life in danger, and I just couldn't do that. I walked out of the room aggravated. I was tired of looking at something I couldn't have.

Stella

My gaze at Logan was interrupted by Charlie. I hugged her and then Alivia, Charlie and I started talking. I quickly shifted my eyes to look back at Logan for a second, but he was gone. I don't know where he went, he was literally there one second ago. He probably left with some girl or two girls, who knows? There was a bunch of people dancing in the living room so Alivia, Charlie, and I decided to join them.

~

It was an hour later and I was all hot and sweaty. And there were too many guys who were trying to get me to grind on them. I struggled my way through the dancing crowd and finally made it out alive. I looked straight ahead and noticed Logan's eyes on me. I thought he left. He was leaning against the wall a few feet away, alone. I walked straight up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He reacted by snaking his arms around my waist, pushing our bodies together to touch.

"Mr. Carter I presume?" he had a confused look on his face at my question. "I'm sorry, but Mary double booked herself tonight, so I'm filling her place, but you can still pay me just as much" I added with a wink. He smiled looking down at me.

"Are you pretending to be a prostitute Jones?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Who said anything about pretending?" I faked a confused look. We both laughed lightly and looked into each other's eyes. All of a sudden we got quiet and had serious looks plastered on our faces. His gaze flickered between my eyes and my lips. I couldn't let myself do this. I decided to break the silence and interrupt the moment.