Chapter 18: Love Day

A/N:

Thank you so much for all the support on this book!! I love reading your guy's comments, so please comment, vote, and share :) Hope you enjoy this chapter!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was about midnight last night before I got to sleep. I woke up feeling exhausted and I just wanted to get the day over with, mostly because it was Valentine's day. I never liked the concept of it. I mean, yeah I guess it's nice or whatever, but I find it strange that people are supposed to show their love with chocolate and flowers on one day out of the 365 you get in a year. To me, if you really love the person you're with, you should make sure they feel like it's Valentine's day everyday, but that's just my opinion.

After I brushed my teeth, I just left my hair down and applied mascara and dabbed on some red lipstick so it didn't show up so red, more of a pinky-rose kind of color. I jumped into some vintage, light wash jeans, and a plain red sweater. As soon as I finished getting ready, I quickly smeared blueberry jam on a piece of toast before I headed to school. On my way there, I started to remember what Logan was saying last night after the dance. It made me anxious to know that I'd be finding out what he meant today.

When I got to school, I started to roam the halls to find my friends and I noticed a few lockers decorated. They had one or two heart-shaped balloons attached to the outside of the locker and a sign or either notes taped to them. My guess is that there would be a bouquet of flowers, or chocolate inside waiting for the owner of the locker. All of a sudden, I felt two arms wrap around my waist, pressing me against a firm abdomen and swinging me around. The grip felt familiar, but I turned around to make sure it wasn't a complete stranger.

"Was that really necessary?" I finished by blowing a strand of hair out of my face.

"Not really, I just like to irritate you 'cause you get a funny look on your face... yeah the one you're doing right now, keep it up, Jones" Logan voiced happily while pointing to my face.

"So you gonna tell me why you were so excited last night for Valentine's day?"

"You'll see" he winked.

"If I go to my locker right now, will I find a dumb balloon attached to my locker?"

"No, hell no, come on, Jones. You think I'm that cheesy" he put his hands to his chest in mock hurt.

"Well if you don't tell me, how am I supposed to know then?"

"Jeez, just be patient, will ya?" Logan put his arm around my shoulders and started to guide me to my homeroom class.

"So, I'm going to assume you got me something" I said yawning.

"Well, I mean it's not that much, but I think you'll like it"

"I'm just letting you know I'm not getting you anything" I voiced unenthusiastically without looking at him.

"What's your problem this morning?" he took his arm off my shoulders and I felt his eyes on me. I hesitated to answer, "Look at me." I looked up at him and my eyes met his. "What's up?" he voiced with concern.

"It's just the day, it's all bullshit, these people are happy now, but what's to say their boyfriend or girlfriend cheats on them in like two days and then they are miserable, it's just all bullshit, I just want the day to be over and not have to look at all these sappy couples looking at each other with lovey eyes and dumb shit" I took my eyes off of him after I finished.

"I don't think it's all bullshit, some of it is, but some of it isn't, I think it depends on the person" he raises his eyebrows, then licks his lips. "Just enjoy your day, Jones, who knows? Maybe someone will surprise you" he winks at me again.