Chapter 3: The Fun in the Game

I couldn't believe it. Why did it have to be him? I'm very competitive so I felt the need to one up him on this. He was just standing there, perfect and all. I noticed his right arm was covered in a sleeve tattoo, it was absolutely stunning, just like he was. He wore basketball styled shorts that stopped at his knee and a t-shirt that wasn't skin tight, but wasn't super loose either. You could see the outline of his perfectly defined abs. His shirt read 'Boys Basketball State Champions' with some roman numerals for the year I'm assuming his team must've won. I mean with that shot, he definitely played. I guess I had another basketball player amongst myself. I needed to show him a little competition. I was still turned around with my right hand placed on my hip and the basketball I was shooting with earlier placed on my left side resting in between my waist and my arm.

"Rumor has it you're Stella Jones" he stated with a little nod.

"Rumor has it you're a man whore who's a total ass... I guess some rumors are true" I shot back. He clearly looked amused then looked at the ground, blinked, then only moved his eyes to stare straight into mine.

What I was about to do took balls, big balls. I walked towards him with the ball in my hand. He just raised his eyebrows and a smirk tugged at the corner of his gorgeous mouth. Stop thinking about his mouth. He was still standing at mid-court line, so I stood right in front of him, facing the same way he was, the basket. I felt my back touch what I know were his abs and I felt his whole body tense. He took a few micro movements back to give me the smallest amount of space. It would be so dope if I get this in. I dribble the ball a couple times in front of me and bend down to shoot. I had to make the same shot he did, maybe not as perfect, but it had to go in, I've done it before, but with my luck it wouldn't. For the sake of my pride I was mentally praying it would. Next thing I know, I shot the ball towards the net, I felt my body tense waiting for it to go in. It hit the rim and circled it once before it went in. Thank god it went in. I heard a bunch of cheering from the rest of the boys in the class on the side lines. They were all staring at me, smiling. I turned around to face the new guy and put both my hands on his broad shoulders. I raised myself by standing on my tip toes and whispered in his ear.

"Oh, nice shot by the way" I leaned back while intentionally brushing my lips against his jaw law. By the way, it was a really nice jaw line. I played guys just to give them a taste of their own medicine. The player's like to play their games, but I'm the coach, I know every move. They can flirt, do whatever, but at the end of the day, I don't fall for any of it, it's all fake. I think they do it because deep down, they enjoy seeing girls cry over them, it boosts their confidence. Or maybe they don't understand the term 'commitment'. The whole monogamy thing is just not in their nature. My friends say it's horrible to tease them and they say I'm a hypocrite, but what I do is way less worse than what they do. I do it just so they know what it feels like. It feels like shit.

"So Stella, I think everyone can vouch that you've attended class today" Mr. Young chuckled as he checked my name off on the attendance list. And yes, even the teacher was a guy, I was completely surrounded by boys. He then looked up to see the hot new bad boy everyone enjoyed looking at so much. "You must be Logan Carter?" Young questioned him. He just replied with a nod. Logan Carter. Even his name was pretty. I sat beside Frankie on the bench the whole time Young was continuing attendance. Pretty much everyone was standing up and I was trying to distract myself from Logan staring at me the whole time. I eventually stared back at him while putting my head on Frankie's shoulder then he rested his on top of mine. Logan started to look aggravated, almost as if he couldn't stand it, I mean we did it all the time, but he probably didn't know Frankie was gay. I can't help but think was I making him jealous?

"So it's up to you guys, what do you wanna do in gym today?" Mr. Young inquired as he put down his clip board. Everyone just started looking around at everyone else, then Frankie interrupted the silence.