Chapter 28: Everything is Better Now

PLEASE READ (or at least skim over) 

\/\/\/

A/N: Just like real people, these characters have flaws. Comments like: "so fucking dramatic stfu"; "I hate you bitch"; "She's an idiot"; "She soooo annoying like damn we get he lied to you": " . . .She a fucking dumb ass. Fucking weirdo." are rude and not wanted in this space I've created. And that was just to name a FEW of the recent ones. And to all who think I don't see your comments so you feel you can write whatever you want. NO. Completely false. I see every single comment I get. I love people sharing their opinions and I get you somewhat ask for it when you share your work on a platform like this, but hateful comments like these are unnecessary. I completely understand that Stella is an immature character; I was immature when I wrote her so it only makes sense. Therefore, just a gentle reminder to be careful of what you comment or say, not just on here, but on any platform. That's not to say you can't comment your opinions about characters, just don't post comments like the ones above. I got many respectful opinions on characters and I appreciate those. I like to hear opinions. And to all those who commented that you love the story, I appreciate you guys. And for all those who commented (more like begged) for another chapter, your wish is my command! Anyway, this chapter will be short, but I had to finish the story and I couldn't leave anyone hanging. SO, without further ado, here is the last chapter of A Player's Game. Enjoy!

~

*A few months later*

"So, where are you taking me?" I asked Logan from the passenger seat as I felt the warm summer breeze on my face.

"It's a surprise. I know you don't like those, but this one is good and it's just you and me so don't worry. Just enjoy the ride, Jones."

He looked over at me and I just smiled. I always seemed to smile whenever I looked at him. I was in love with him.

In this moment, I just felt overwhelmed with luck. I felt lucky. I was only 17 and I was in a car with a boy I love more than I thought was humanly possible and we were driving to who knows where on a summer day that felt like heaven on earth. Not to mention the guy I was sitting next to was the hottest guy I'd ever seen. I had no clue where we were going, but it wasn't important at this very moment. 

We were on the highway and a big, green sign had read Brooklyn exit in 50 km. I had thought that maybe we were doing something in New York or maybe something even in Brooklyn, but I had also felt bad speculating about it cause I didn't want to possibly guess where he was taking us.

About a half an hour later we're in Brooklyn and he pulled up to a flower shop on a not-so-busy street. He told me that I can just stay in the car and that he'd only be a few minutes. When he came out, he had one arm carrying two small bouquets of flowers and the other hand, a rose. Once he got to the car he put the two bouquets in the back seat and sat in the drivers seat with the rose in hand.

"For you," he said gently as he leaned towards me and handed me the rose. I took the rose from his hand held it up to my nose to smell the beautiful scent. "I love you, Jones."

I smiled back at him, "I love you too." I felt a blush come to my cheeks. I pointed my thumb towards the backseat, "What are the bouquets for?" 

"Oh, those. Those are for later." He had a huge smile plastered on his face.

~

We were driving down a road with not many houses on it. As we kept driving, a church appeared. there wasn't much to it, but it was pretty. I saw graveyard was on the other side of it as soon as it appeared. As we approached the gate, Logan turned on the blinker.

I think I knew where he was taking me.

I looked at him to see how he was feeling, but he seemed focused on the graveyard's dirt road, assuming he was searching for a particular spot.

He got to certain row and stopped, "We're here." I got out of the car and walked around to him getting the bouquets. "Here, you get one, I get one," he smiled and handed one to me. He then took my free hand and held it, guiding me to where he was taking me.

We walked and then he stopped and stood beside me, still holding my hand. I read the grave stone in front of us, "Here lies Grace and William Johnson, a Father and daughter who will be forever missed."

Logan began to speak, "Well . . .Gracie . . .Dad . . . this my girlfriend, Stella." He paused for a moment, "wow guys, don't get up or anything."

A chuckle escaped me. It was just like Logan to crack a joke in a cemetery.

"Stella, I want you to meet my sister and my dad. I've told them a lot about you already, but thought they should see you here in person." I smiled up at him and tear fell from eye, meanwhile he was already crying. I squeezed his hand tighter.

"It's really nice to meet you guys."

He went to lay the bouquet on his father's side of the grave while I laid the bouquet I had on Gracie's side. We then both walked to stand in front of their grave again and held hands like before.

"I wish you could've been there, ya know, to meet them in person. You would've been the sister Gracie always wanted and always begged mom for. Dad would've loved you too . . .he always wanted me to end up with a girl like you . . . he always told me 'if you get a girl you know is too pretty for you, you know you're doing something right--just don't fuck it up." He laughed as tears still slid down his face. "I asked him one day why he would always say that and all he said was that's how he got mom and he felt like the luckiest guy in the world. He wanted me to feel that lucky one day." He looked down at me, "Stella, I want you to know you make me feel lucky. In some messed up way, if they hadn't died, I wouldn't be standing here right now and I wouldn't have met you. I was angry when they died. I felt like it was my fault and I was angry; angry at my dad, angry at myself, angry at the world. And then I met you and ever since then I always thought you were a gift sent from them . . .so . . . Jones . . . I want you promise me even if I fuck up you'll stay. That you'll love me until we end up in a place like this."

I was crying at this point. That's the type of shit people say as vows at their wedding, yet this guy was standing in front of me casually saying it like it was small talk in a cemetery. This was why I loved him as much as I did.

"Logan . . . I don't think there's any other choice after everything we've gone through together. I'm never leaving even if you wanted me to and I'm not gonna stop loving you even after we end up in placed like this. I'm in love with you and I mean that. That won't ever change.

And then he kissed me. 

A/N: this feels like a dream. It's finished. Ngl, I did cry writing that cemetery scene, BUT I love how this story ended. Hope you all loved it too. I did want to say I am going to continue writing and hopefully a romance story that's more up my alley; I already have a few ideas for what I'm going to write next. I know everyone struggled with the infrequent uploading, so for my next book, hopefully a can prewrite most of the chapters before uploading so I don't make anyone wait and have a scheduled upload day. Once I've started that project, I'll give more details and upload them as a chapter to this book and as an announcement on my page. Until then, thank you for reading A Player's Game and I will see you all soon!