Note

I'm trying to cut to the chase in this chapter. Get to some juicy stuff. The others have been a bit boring but important. Stuff is going down now! What will happen? Dun-duh-dunnnn. (Wow, that was lame. XD) Oh and all the unknown countries and poisons were made up. Thank you for all of your reviews and positive feedback! It is making me so happy! Please enjoy! :)

This is a moment that has been awaited for a while. It's tournament time. Because of the cancellation of Spy Camp this year, the school has created a hand-to-hand combat all school tournament. But everyone knew the real reason the school put this on: everyone wanted to see Audrey and Erica have a real combat fight.

Every grade was split in half. They were put into two teams: Team Red and Team Blue (or more informally: Team Audrey and Team Erica.)

There was a gigantic bracket in the entry foyer of the Nathan Hale Building. Everyone crowded around to try to find their name. I noticed, in the first round, I was going against a first year. The teacher who assigned this must have taken mercy on me. There was a chance I could beat this kid. This round was mostly to weed out the weak and the 1st years.

I noticed that whoever won the Audrey vs 1st year competition was going against whoever won my game. This was an interesting part on the professors. It seemed they wanted to make it as easy as possible to get Audrey and Erica to the finals. Most people were paired against someone their skill level, but Audrey and Erica were against really easy people they could crush.

Everyone was buzzing with excitement and the training rooms were filled day and night. Most people knew they didn't have a chance at winning, but they wanted to be 'that kid' who beat or almost beat Erica Hale or Audrey (actually, I don't know her last name.)

I've spend little time with Audrey recently. Most of my time was working on that dumb essay or hanging out with Zoe, Mike, Jawa and Chip.

XXX

Even my friends were into the training phase. Zoe, Mike, Chip and Jawa spent many hours together polishing their skills. I joined them on some occasions, but mostly stayed to myself. I knew I had no chance at even making it to the third round it I was against Audrey the second round. (If I even win the first round). Also, that stupid essay was due in five days and I was only halfway done. I logged many hours in the Media Center.

XXX

After a few short days, the first and second rounds were today. Everyone studied hard (more than their actual classes probably) and were ready. I wasn't until 2:30, so I watched other people.

Mike did a nice job against a second year (a year above him). He managed to punch the guy's adams apple, making him stumble, and Mike kicked him in the stomach. The guy folded and Mike pinned him down for the win.

Zoe also did well. She was against a fellow second year and managed to get the girl in a headlock. She quickly threw the girl on the ground and pushed her fist into her neck. The girl surrendered and Zoe moved on to round two.

Chip didn't do so well. He was a fourth year and was paired against a fifth year. Chip plays dirty (not traditional style and extremely painful) but the other guy was a seasoned traditionalist and proved that training hard was better than low moves. Chip was cranky the rest of the day.

Jawa was good and beat his guy with a roundhouse kick, making him fall and surrender. Easy.

But the most watched was Audrey and Erica's. Practically the whole school crowded in the training center to watch.

Audrey's wasn't exciting. She was against a poor first year who was terrified. Before the match, Audrey offered some consolation to the scared kid that she wasn't going to hurt him and for him to try his hardest. He nodded and it started.