'The Interrogator'

Hello again. This took longer than anticipated, but it's here now! It's a bit longer than my short chapters I've been posting, so here you are. Sorry for the cliffhanger, once again. And please enjoy and review! Have a great day!

I tried to listen to the rest of their conversation, but once it shifted towards their NCAA brackets, I started to doze off. I don't know if I fell asleep or if I was drowsy from the drugs, but whatever the case was, I was out of commission.

I awoke a bit later when sunlight was streaming into the truck. Well, diluted light through that dumb bag. I didn't know if it was my breath that smelled bad or if it was the bag. I really needed some mints after today. I heard my fellow spies groan as they were waking from the drugs.

"Where are we?" Mike asked groggily.

"SPYDER headquarters. And a new one, not the one Ben blew up." I heard Audrey hop out of the truck.

I felt a rough, calloused hand grab me by shoulder and yank me out of the truck. With fresh air, I sucked up as much as I could and as I hit the ground, my knees buckled. My knees only buckle after sitting for at least five hours, so we were driving for at least that time.

I heard thuds as my friends were getting shoved out of the truck.

"Can you please take this stupid bag off my face?" I pleaded to whoever was listening, "I can't breathe!" I heard some hurried whispers and I felt a hand grasp the top of the bag and pull it off. Sunlight flooded my vision and for a moment I was blinded by the light.

I saw guards with giant guns standing everywhere. We seemed to be at some type of plane hanger by the lines on the ground, but there wasn't a plane in sight. There were black SUV's surrounding our truck and a wire fence with barbed wire around the airfield. In the distance, I saw a cluster of buildings, looking like a military base. It didn't seem like something that SPYDER would opt for, but I was impressed they could pick themselves up so quickly after their pitfall. But then I saw a sign that was covered in spray paint. It was black, but I could make out 'US Air Force' on it. So they hadn't built this complex. They commanded it from an abandoned Air Force base. That makes a lot more sense and was kind of genus. All of the armed forces don't have constant contact with each other so I bet that most people don't know this base is abandoned. They could even probably smuggle planes or missiles into the base and barely anyone would raise an eyebrow. Still, seemed kinda swanky for SPYDER.

I saw all my fellow spies looking at the surrounding area as well. It was in the desert as well so mostly barren wasteland with no town in sight. We looked at one another with raised eyebrows and confused faces. Zoe mouthed to me 'what is this place?' I tried to gesture to the blacked-out poster with my handcuffed hands, but ended up gesturing with my head. She followed my head and noticed the sign. Her eyes widened and she nodded in understanding.

Guards herded up my friends in a giant group, but one guard grabbed my forearm and pulled me in another direction.

"You're going over here." The guard snarled in my ear as he pulled me towards the cluster of buildings.

"What? Why?" I quipped.

"Your friends will be fine, I think. You, however, have information we need. Information about a certain folder."

"Yeah, well, I have no clue about any folder." I lied.

"Ha! Yeah right!" He stopped walking to talk to a gate agent.

I saw Audrey approaching me. This is the first time we've been alone since the whole betrayal. I still can't believe that she would do that. It seemed like she is two different people.