Sketchy White Van

Long time no see and I am so sorry about that! But it's almost winter break AND CHRISTMAS/KWANZAA and you don't know how ready I am! And is currently Hanukkah so Happy Hanukkah for those who celebrate it! Schools been a killer, trying to get all the tests and stuff in before break so I'm sorry for not updating! But seriously! IT'S ALMOST HERE! I'm so in the spirit; I got my lights, tree, decorations, gingerbread house and cookies all make and up. Is anyone going anywhere fun for the break? Any travel plans? Let me know! OK, yes, I'm rambling. But please enjoy this chapter!

"BEN!" Zoe screamed at me, startling me when I was working on my homework.

"What?" I asked.

"Thank you so much for selecting me for this mission. You know, we all are very thankful. Mike and Chip won't shut up about it! And you know how much I care about Erica..." Zoe rambled on for a while after that and I started to tune her out.

"Anyway! I just wanted to say thanks. And I was just talking with Audrey. She's excited too. Her first CIA mission, she's leading it and she hasn't even had any official classes yet! But I agree with you: she's definitely qualified to, and will probably nicer about it than Erica."

I didn't mention the fact that it wasn't my idea for Audrey to head the mission. Audrey and Zoe have gotten a lot closer nowadays. They have a lot of classes together and Zoe needed a girl friend. Erica wasn't exactly the most 'lets paint nails together' person and Mike and I refused to. We also didn't enjoy Zoe rambling about all the gossip and 'girl talk' we were forced to listen to.

But Audrey was perfect for that. They were both girly-girl and found gossip and painting nails an enjoyable pastime (which I can't even fathom). Even though Audrey has her own friend group, they still hung out often. Zoe hasn't been murdered yet with Audrey, so I could tell she wasn't totally evil (or maybe not at all, but I'm still suspicious).

Zoe, at first, was suspicious, but kind of got blinded by Audrey's kindness and beauty, so she dropped her suspicious accusations. And once she got closer to her, she thought she was nice and fun, and her room wasn't full of top-secret documents she shouldn't have (Erica, however, was a different story) so she had no evidence and chose to drop it. But that caused problems for me because I didn't trust Audrey and I couldn't talk to Zoe about it. Even though Zoe's my friend, she's also Audrey's friend and I'm worried she'd blab to Audrey.

"Yeah, no problem. I'm worried about Erica, but she's been a little suspicious before she disappeared. I hope this is a rescue mission, not an enemy attack. But we'll see." I reply.

Zoe frowned, like this hadn't occurred to her.

"Huh. Yeah, I hope not. I don't think any of us could take Erica in a fight. Well, maybe Audrey could. I don't know. You knew she threw that fight right? In the finale? She didn't really try."

"I could tell. She's way more skilled for Erica to beat her by a landslide." I reply.

Zoe nodded, "I was talking to her about it," That peaked my interest. I was wondering why she gave up. Zoe could have crucial information. I leaned in closer.

"Why? Why'd she throw the fight?"

"She thought it was dumb. Fighting someone else for entertainment. She said she's fine with sparring, to train, but didn't like the prospect of the whole tournament. Kind of like the Hunger Games, she was saying. I get where she's coming from. It's kinda weird the whole school was watching too."

I sagged. I was hoping somewhere along the lines of: 'She was working with a terrorist organization and didn't want anyone to figure out she had professional training.' But Audrey's reasoning made perfect sense.