The Cookie Monster

The tears had dried up now. I ensconced myself on the porch. He had gone, left me. I had to survive all alone now. I should've seen it coming. He never cared and he never will. I was blinded by optimism, I thought he had somewhere inside of him a nice guy hidden.

I was so lost in somber thoughts of mine that I didn't see something coming towards me. It was a car.My heartbeat accelerated. I rubbed my eyes and stared.

It was red in colour. It couldn't be Kevin, he had a silver car. It came nearer and finally came to a halt. The glasses were tinted. The door opened and came out of it none other than Kevin himself. My mind was a turmoil. An ocean of emotions washed over me like a tidal wave.

He walked towards me.

"Hey, I'm hungry, didn't have breakfast." He complained whilst I just stared.

"I know I'm looking handsome but It's rude to stare." He said normally. I acted purely on impulse.

No, I did not kiss him or anything. I was not some desperate little girl. I punched him on his chest. It was not enough. I did it again and again. I managed to make him move backwards. I lost the count now. He grabbed my hands suddenly and looked at me.His blue eyes were boring into my brown ones. His eyebrows were scrunched together. He looked like he was trying to figure out some calculus problem.

"What is wrong with you?" He asked whilst still having a strong grip on my hands. I squirmed but he didn't let go of me.

"Where were you? Couldn't you care enough to tell me before going somewhere. I was dead scared. I thought you ditched me. I don't even know this place. How could you just go like that and come after hours and you don't even apologize, you say you're hungry." I said everything without pausing a bit.

He smiled and started walking inside. He had not left my hand.He was taking me along with him.

I flinched the whole time.

We were heading into the kitchen.What is he doing? Is he going to threaten me into making something for him now?

He went towards the fridge and opened it. He took out a yellow cold parchment from it, unfolded it and read it out loud.

"Hey, I'm going out because I need to get my car back, It's still there on the road and I assume it doesn't even have much petrol left in it so I'll try and find the nearest petrol pump. Will be back in two hours maybe.

-Kevin"

"Who puts a note inside the fridge?" I widened my eyes and my expression probably implied that I was the crazy one here.

"I do." He said as if it was normal.

"Seriously, why can't you be just normal for once?" I asked. I could totally see us going back to square one.

"Who wants to be normal?" He said plastering a fake smile on his face.

"I really don't know what your problem is but I bet It's hard to pronounce." I said sarcastically and stormed out of the kitchen.

He came out after a minute with the jar of cookies."Those are mine,I found them." I almost screamed. I felt like I had an authority over the jar, as absurd as that may sound.

He looked at me and then looked here and there like he was searching for something or maybe trying to hear something.

"Do you hear that?" He whispered.

"What?" I lowered the tone of my voice too, did he hear somebody? Was the owner back like I feared.

"That's the sound of no-one caring." He smirked.