Unexpected Morning

4 minutes and 32 seconds, to be precise. I sat there, not having a clue about what to do. Slowly, I lifted his hand off my shoulder and tried to be as gentle as possible. He didn't wake up; thank God. Or else, it would have been super awkward. 

I went to the kitchen and made a steaming, hot cup or coffee for myself; I was a coffee addict. I then went out and sat down on the doorstep of my home, taking little sips of my lovely coffee. Surprisingly, I had woken up quite early today. 

There are many things I admire about nature. One of them is waking up early in the morning and seeing the sun rise.

My pensive mood was broken by a flurry of recollection. 

Nobody is here. 

There are moments in one's life when they don't know how to express their feelings because they still can't figure out the situation. What do I do today? My eyes drifted off to the mailbox. I ran towards it and found a big, fat nothing. 

I turned backwards to go inside the house again and saw his silhouette leaning on the door. His hair was messier than ever, yet he looked good. His face held a bewildered expression, which soon turned into a normal one. He must've remembered what he was doing here and then recalled the past events. 

"Coffee?" I asked nonchalantly. 

"Um, no, but thanks for asking." Kevin surprised me by saying that. I had convinced myself that this jerk was rude and maybe bipolar or something, so when he talks nicely, it's hard to take in. 

I went inside and plopped on the same couch I fell asleep on. 

Kevin followed me in. "What do you plan to do today?" he questioned. 

I was confused. Why would this apparently bipolar guy want to do anything with me? "What do you mean?" I asked. 

"You know that something's not right, and you know that I'm the only one with you at this time," he asked me. "What should we do now? How do we find out what's wrong?" The look on his face suggested that he was himself, surprised by how nicely he had spoken to me. He was nervously looking at the ground now. 

Honestly, I had no idea what to do. How could two people-average teenagers-solve the mystery of the disappearance of almost everybody? On second thought, he is not an average teenager, like me. He is bipolar! I had stupidly convinced myself about that. 

"I don't what we'll do or what we can do. But I know one thing, and that is that I need to bathe and you need to leave," I said, moving my hands in an animated manner and signalling him to go. 

His eyes widened. 

I raised my eyebrows. "What?" 

"I can't cook and I'm hungry," Kevin said almost instantly.

"So I'm your personal chef now?" I couldn't help arguing with him. I think it was in my basic nature to argue with him. 

"Please, you know I really can't cook," he told me. That thought of having this certain kind of power over him wasn't as stupid; he really couldn't cook. 

Today was going to be a good day for me. I just knew it. I smiled wickedly at him and I bet he looked a little scared. "Since you can't cook and I'm awesome and a life saver, let's make a deal," I said, smiling sweetly at him. 

"What deal?" he asked. 

"I'll tell you about that at breakfast. You can go to your house for now and come back in an hour or so." I watched him leave and a huge grin spread on my face. 

I wasn't going to poison his food or anything; I'm a life saver, not a murderer. But I was sure as hell excited about my day if he agreed to that deal.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

My first note: :P I know that the chapters are short but i just don't get enough time. For everyone reading, you know you're awesome and please recommend this one to your friends as well and your comments are valued. :)