Set Fire to the Rain

'......Tonight's gonna be a good good night...feeling..Oooh ooh..'

"Shut up!" he shouted.

Yeah, according to some people I had an annoying habit of singing the songs that I heard in my earphones and the way he shouted at me told me he was one of those people. I stuck my tongue out at him shook my head to show him my clear intransigence. He glowered at me. I ignored him and sang Taylor Swift but loudly just to annoy him. I was so evil, I smirked.

What happened next wasn't expected. He stopped the car.

"Where are we?" I asked acting all innocent as if I had not been singing a minute before.

"I don't know." he said keeping a straight face.

"Why have we stopped then?" I asked and this time I didn't have to fake the innocence.

"You're getting off the car right now." he said as I stared at him with my mouth probably hanging open now with a glint of confusion in my eyes.

"Haha...you totally got me there, you know you can be funny at times and really scary too!" I tried to laugh it off and hoped inside that he was really joking.

"Get off right now! I can't put up with you or your annoying songs so please do me this favour!" he said and I knew he was serious.

"But, where will I go?" I said with the classic puppy dog expression, silently hoping it was cute enough.

"Are you going to get off yourself or do I have to throw you out. It's been two hours and there was not a minute when I did not want to throw you out of the window.

I frowned. "Where will I go? I don't even know where we are and it looks like it's going to rain. Can't you be nice just this once?" I tried reasoning with him.

"That's what I'm doing, being nice to myself. Go now!" he said once again.

This was too much. I hate him with all my heart. Who does he think he is and so I did the most brainless thing that should be done in that situation. I stormed out with my backpack and slammed the door hard as if my doing so will cause some damage to his car. I stood alone right outside his car and looked around to see if I've ever been to this place. Nope! no luck.

I was just looking here and there when he zoomed off with his car. Whenever you're alone, you're probably very true to yourself. I was scared a little bit and things never went my way. The clouds were dark grey and It was quiet and calm maybe because nobody lived here or maybe because that's what happens before a heavy storm. I was standing on a road and trees were all around me. The wind was getting stronger and I felt like it could blow me away any second. I was a thin girl afterall.

I loved rain but the thought of getting drenched in a storm and having nowhere to go wasn't exactly delightful. How could he do this to me? How could he do this to any girl? We hate each other but everyone's got a heart right? unless he's a freaking vampire!

I started walking towards my left. The greenery was soothing. Everything looked beautiful. I remember watching thunderstorms out of my window when I was little because mom won't let me go out. She said I could get sick. I suddenly missed mom. Since I was alone, a stray tear ran down my cheek. Realization dawned upon me like pouring rain. Is there anybody at all in the world because there was no way that news channels won't show it. Where is mom?

A loud thunder interrupted my thoughts and sent a shiver down my spine. I didn't knew if I was shivering because of the noise, because of the cold wind or because I was just hopeless.

A drop of water fell on my hand and I knew I had to find a shelter as soon as possible. The clouds were rumbling and grumbling. Where should I go? No roof above my head and nothing but trees around. I ran towards the tallest tree and sheltered myself. It had started raining heavily now. The tree couldn't save me because I was drenched. The wind was blowing harder than ever. It was ridiculously crazy. How did I always end up in such absurd situations. I was cold. Very cold. The thought of a steaming cup of hot coffee was heavenly. Where could I get coffee here? I decided to just stand there till the storm subsided.

It never happened and it started lightening. It was not like the lightening that evening. That was extraordinary and this was ordinary. Trust me, Ordinary wasn't any less scary.

I had seen on tv before that in a thunderstorm, when it's lightening then you must stay inside and for sure nowhere near a tall tree because they may fall down on you. Needless to say, I'm not exactly in the best position right now. The wind had caused the tree to bend now. I had to run away from here. I was late and I knew something fell on my head. The world was moving around me. I touched my cheek because I think I felt some warmness there. I removed my hand from my cheek and stared at it in shock. My hand was covered with blood and my vision started blurring now. I could see gradually fading dots. Blackness had surrounded me and I fell to the ground.

"Kaitlin...Kaitlin get up right now!!" I could hear a faint voice. I opened my eyes and everything looked bright for a second. My eyes took a minute in adjusting and my mind took five. The sky was even darker now and I could see flames of fire. FLAMES! I quickly got to my feet and saw Kevin standing on the other side of the fire, panic written all across his face.

The tree that I stood under once wasn't vertical anymore. It had fallen down and had caught fire. My mind quickly registred everything. Lightening could have caused it to burn.

To my horror the fire had spread and I was not on the right side of it. I was scared beyond words could tell. I didn't notice that I had begun crying. I was just trying to find a way to get to the other side.

I was so scared that I didn't see Kevin jump up to my side. How could he have jumped? There was no time to think now, I thought.

"How did you..." I was starting to ask. "You can never shut up, can you?" he said but he didn't look angry right now, he seemed relieved.

To say I was surprised when he picked me up bridal style would be an understatement. "Why..." and I was cut off yet again. "Sshh!" he shushed me and started walking somewhere.

I looked at him and could not decide what I felt. My mind was a turmoil. Why was he helping me now?

Bi-polar!!

I didn't ask anything going on in my mind because I knew he'd shut me up. I looked at him once again and a lopsided smile appeared on my face. He was crazy and I had to learn to deal with him.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Note: Thanks for reading....I did not think a bit before writing this part, just wrote whatever came to my mind. hope It ain't that bad :)

Mistakes must've happened but try and ignore them for now. Do comment :D

-vrinda!