I'm with you

You must've seen in movies or crime shows, how do they investigate people? Two chairs, a table, dim lights and silence. I was sitting opposite Ashton. His eyes bore into mine and I couldn't tear away either.

So, why were we sitting this way?

After discussing a lot, I and Kevin came to a conclusion that Ashton does need to answer some questions. There was no way we'd understand anything without the answers. Kevin asked me to question him and make him comfortable because he probably won't answer to him. Kevin went outside and now Ashton and I sat alone in the room.

There was tension. We both knew it or probably it was just me. He was as confident he had been since returned. He was gentle and mild mannered and I was just reckless and restless.

"So, are you going to say something or continue with the staring contest?" He asked with a little smile.

I quickly looked away feeling self conscious. Why was he doing this to me? Why was I feeling nervous around someone who was supposed to be my bestfriend.

'Because he's suddenly all cute and adorable.' My mind answered.

'Shut up!' Another voice in my head said.

"You know why we're here?" I finally broke my silence.

"Let me guess, you want me to kiss you again." He smiled and winked at the same time.

I rolled my eyes to hide my nervousness.

"No! that can't happen again. Now, you have to answer my questions truthfully. Will you?" I asked him avoiding his eyes.

"Um, why should I answer anything. I don't get anything in return." He said just as calmly as he always did.

"Ashton, what do you want?" I asked visibly irritated now.

"I want you.." He said, making my heart skip a beat.

"Um.." I was beginning to stutter when he completed what he was saying.

"to run away with me." He said and winked at me.

If one could see me in that moment they would notice how uncomfortable I looked. My face was pale and my hands were sweaty.

"Ashton, this is the last time I'm asking you, please tell me what you know, please don't play games with me." I said as I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. For a moment, all hope was lost. Everything felt bad. I had no control over my emotions and I did not want to live anymore.

I took his hand and looked at him. "Please help me! This is driving me crazy. I don't want to be alone anymore. I know you know something that we don't. Please help Ashton. I was your friend." I said with all honesty.

"We are still friends. You know what? I don't like that. I never did. I don't like seeing you with Kevin." He said tightening his grip on my hand.

"But... We're not together Ashton. Kevin and I, we can never be together. We used to hate each other." I said trying to convince myself too.

"I see the way you look at him. I know you Kaitlin, you haven't changed. I can make you happy, I can love you more than he ever would." He said seriously.

"That's not what we're here to talk about! Please Ashton, tell me what's wrong with the world." I asked again.

"I'm serious. Run away with me. We will work this out. I don't know much either but I do have a clue. I can try to save us both." He said looking dead serious for the first time since his return.

"Run where? Why do we have to run? Why aren't you including Kevin? Are you sane?" I shouted back at him and hit the table hard with my hand. It hurt but I liked it, I don't know why but I did.

"I can't tell you everything. If I do tell you, There's a chance that you might choose Kevin and leave me here to die alone." He said shaking his head.

"Die? What do you mean? Do you know why we're alone? Please Ashton, tell me. Please!" I said getting more restless and anxious.

"I know only a bit. I can't risk telling you. I can give you my word. I can save you. I have always loved you Kaitlin." He said whirling a hurricane of emotions inside of me. He got off his chair and came to my side. He put his hands on either side of my face. He looked at me in the eye.

"Do you trust me?" He asked.

I took a deep breath and nodded acquiesced.

"Well then, you should know that I am the only one who can help you." He said going gentle.

"But what about Kevin?" I asked looking at him like a little kid.

"I care about him too. He was my friend but If I had to choose then I will always choose you. I want to save him too but I can't." He said in dismay. Probably it was just me or maybe it appeared fake. I knew what I had to do in that very moment.

Without asking anymore questions, I kissed him. I could tell he was surprised but he liked. He trusted me. I broke it and looked at him.

"I'm with you." I whispered and kissed him again.

***********************************************************************************

Note: There are a lot of reasons that I didn't update. Lack of enthusiasm, Lack of ideas, Exams and a thing called life! :P

Please don't hate me!

Tell me what you think? I guess most of you would've given up on this story! I'm sorry for delay.

-Vrinda!