Young love is such dumb love

There are moments in everyone's life when you just sit and watch, you don't know what to do and everything around you is happening so fast. You want to freeze the time right there. Take a deep breath and manage yourself.

When life suddenly becomes complex.

I didn't knew it then, I didn't knew that what was coming next was going to make me numb.

Kevin had begun confessing.

"More to the story? What do you mean?" I questioned with honest curiosity.

He drew in a deep breath and closed his eyes. "Umm...How..Where?" He uttered in a low tone of voice. He shook his head as if battling with his own consciousness.

"You don't want to know." He said finally.

"C'mon not again. Get it over with. Tell me, I need to know." I cried out with impatience.

"Ashton loved you." Kevin said looking at me in the eyes.

I stared at Kevin, dumbfounded. I regained my composure a minute later.

"Correction there, Ashton liked me, yes, he could've had a crush but that was it. Love is too big. Love is not the word you should use." I tried explaining.

"I didn't ask you if he loved you or not, I just told you that he did." Kevin said sternly.

"Okay, What's this all about? How do you know that? How did you even know Ashton? If I remember correctly, When you joined the school two years ago, Ashton had disappeared a month before you came." I said whilst reminiscing.

Kevin looked very serious now.

"Fine. Hear me out. Ashton and I met at a common friend's party in the end of 8th grade. We became great buddies and enjoyed each other's companies. Remember you told me that Ashton stayed at your place mostly at daytime and went to some other's at night. I was that other friend. Ashton was rich but lonely at his own home. He didn't have any siblings. He counted me as his brother. He confided in me. He used to write songs about some girl. He wrote letters which were never sent by him and all that time, I was by his side. That girl was you. He used to talk about you to me. He was afraid of admitting his feelings to you because you'd probably end your friendship with him too. He loved you and you never saw it. How could you be so dumb?" Kevin spat out.

I looked at him with amazed gaze.

"Is that it? That's why you hate me? Are you out of your mind? I was in 10th grade, Love doesn't happen in 10th grade, it was all infatuation. So you hate me to take revenge for your so called brother and my bestfriend." I shouted angrily.

Kevin gritted his teeth. Anger was boiling up inside him too. It was easy to sense.

"I'm not that shallow. I don't hate you because you refused him. Young love is such dumb love. I hated the fact that he loved you." Kevin squabbled with me.

"Why do hate me then? Why were you telling about Ashton then?" I scrunched my brows in confusion.

"Listen and don't interrupt." He ordered as he began.

"So that day Ashton came up to your house with roses. Remember? He told me that he was finally going to ask you out. Trust me, I told him to stop chasing you and go for anybody else but he was almost obssessed with you though in a non-creepy way. Was that day the last time you saw him?" Kevin asked.

My throat bulged. "Yes." I said as my eyes watered. They say you don't know what you have until It's gone but the truth is you do know what you have, you just never expected it to go someday.

"That was the last time I saw him too." Kevin admitted.

"The next day there was media all around his home. His parents who were never home were rich and ergo all the hype. Nobody knows where he was. He just disappeared. I was questioned as he spent a lot of his time with me and I reckon that you were too?" Kevin said.

I nodded weakly.

"I never found out what happened to him but I have a clue." Kevin said.

My eyes widened and nodded in disbelief.

"What clue?" I finally asked.

"I have all the letters he addressed to you which were never sent. He didn't maintain a journal or diary but poured out his heart on pieces of papers." Kevin said taking deep breaths every now and then.

"So what was the clue?" I asked.

"In his last letter, he wrote about how you refused to him and how he regretted proposing you, for he was sure that you'd hate him now. He said in that letter that he's going forever for good and never coming back." Kevin said, his eyes were red and moist too.

"His family soon shifted from the town. I wanted to meet you and so somehow shifted to your school. I believed you drove him to this extent of madness. I wanted revenge for this. I wanted to make your life hell. For all I could figure out from the letter, Ashton is in his grave now." Kevin cried.

I refused to believe my ears. Ashton was dead. The reason was me? I didn't play my part of a good friend, I never bothered about what was going inside his head. The thought that he probably loved me brought shivers down my spine.

Kevin accused me of being Ashton's murderer.

I was numb.

I needed to be alone and figure out things ironically Kevin and I were both so alone.

I didn't have words to say.

Kevin broke the ice.

"This was brief, I didn't even tell you the things Ashton could do to make you smile, He was great friend, He was a brother to me. One girl and everything ends." Kevin's words hurt me more than they ever did.

"How did you get his letters?" I asked.

"He wrote everything at my home though didn't really showed them to me but you know, I just found them."

"Why did you kiss me if you hate me so much?" I asked speaking my mind out.

"Ashton always wanted to kiss you. He always wanted to know how that would feel, his letters could express every little desire of his. It just happened, I wasn't myself for that moment." Kevin said avoiding my gaze and disappointing me.

I nodded. "Do you still hate me and accuse me?" I asked hesitantly.

I got a blunt reply. "Yes, you're the reason my brother died."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Note: Short....Sorry :/

I didn't like the way this one turned out to be.

Exams are still going. If it doesn't live up to your expectations then I apologize but I'm having a headache because of my crazy sleeping schedules, thanks to studying.

Suggest me things you have in your mind.

Hope it ain't that bad. :/

-Vrinda