Fearless

Have you ever felt the butterflies? Not just in the stomach but everywhere. Ever felt beautiful? Ever simpered when nobody's around. Ever shivered because of the memory burned back in your mind.

Silly crushes, They come and they go and sometimes leave you crushed in the end. Is it right to develop a crush on someone who gets on your nerve?

A kiss, that's all it took. Why did he kiss me? Why does he hate me? Does he really hate me? Is he thinking about me right now?

A million questions crossed over my mind. It wasn't love and I knew that, love doesn't happen just like that. It was probably silly infatuation.

I stood up from the place I was in and started walking. My knees felt weak and wobbly. I have to face him. Is he waiting for me outside?

My question was answered by the sight of the stolen red car. My breathing rate increased as I walked towards the car. I was surprised that my heart didn't jump out of my chest yet.

I went to the passenger side of the door and he opened it from inside. I didn't dare look at him in the eye fearing I'd do something stupid. He stiffened by his side and started the car.

I did not even glance at him secretively the way I do. I just looked at his hand and looked back outside at the uninteresting scenery.

The same questions filled my head. What is he thinking right now? Does he regret it? He hates me, ofcourse he regrets it, the pessimistic voice of my head spoke.

We soon reached the destination, that house. I stepped out awkwardly and went inside before him. I went into that girl's bedroom and saw her laptop on the table. I switched it on and checked out things. Facebook, nobody was online. I sent a message to all my friends explaining the situation just like Kevin recorded that message. I even googled, all I found were the results to the question, 'What would you do if you were the last person alive?' The answers were mostly committing suicide after doing certain things. I tried to find some E-books to get my mind off that kiss.

I stumbled across an orange icon. 'Wattpad-Discover a world of unlimited stories' the link said. I was intrigued by it. I decided to check it out and spent probably the whole day reading amazingly weird stories. Okay, some were amazing, others were weird.

I dozed off pretty soon.The laptop had become my pillow. I was cool like that.

I felt like I heard something so I half opened my eyes. Kevin stood on the edge of the bed. How did I end up on bed? Kevin hadn't yet realised that I was awake and there was no sign of him that showed so. My hair was covering most of my face and now that I was awake, it irritated me. What should I do? I don't want him to feel embarassed to see me awake. The hair was causing a lot of irritation too. As if somebody heard my thoughts, Kevin came to me and brushed aside the hair from my face, I quickly shut my eyes. Flashes of that moment appeared within my shut eyelids. He was sitting close to me, I could sense it. Why is he making everything so hard? Does he feel something?

I decided to open my eyes. I had to face him sooner or later. He looked startled but didn't move. I sat up on the bed, inches away from him and studied his face. Those mesmerizing blue eyes. How came I have never noticed him this way before? How could anyone suddenly become all attractive? Could it be because there were no other guys to distract my mind. Yes, that was a possible explanation.

"It's evening now." He said in a cold emotionless voice without facing me.

"Okay." I bit my lip. The tension between us was palpable. Were we ever going to talk about that? I decided I won't mention it before he does. I stood up from the bed and went in the bathroom to wash my face. My face looked brighter today. I touched my lips while looking into the mirrors and butterflies had caused me the familiar tingling sensation all over. I don't think I'll get over it anytime soon.

I went out and into the kitchen and got an apple for myself to eat. I guess he might be hungry too. I should think about him, his appetite is much more than mine. I took an apple for him too.

He was standing near a window. His back towards me. I stood there and admired his physique. He was everything a girl would want. I was going crazy. I was thinking this way about a guy who hated me. I'm probably the biggest fool in the world. Probably the only fool in the world, a voice in my mind spoke and I ignored it.

I went towards him and slightly touched his shoulder. He turned around and faced me. Those lips were so kissable right now but I suppressed my desires and lent my hand towards him and offered him the apple. He took it without saying anything and went away. He was definitely avoiding me, not a good sign, I thought.

There were many rooms in this house and he probably went in any one of them, I sighed. How could I take my mind off him?

I turned on the T.V which was attached to the wall in front of me. There was nothing too good to distract myself. I switched to the songs channel and finally settled there.

'I'd lie' by Taylor swift bursted in full volume. I closed my eyes and nodded my head with the music. I didn't notice how time flew by and I had started dancing now. I danced with all I had in me. Dance was my way to cheer up and describe my feelings. I did not notice until now that Kevin stood near the door of a room and watched me half amused. I stopped suddenly and looked at him in embarassment, nobody had caught me dancing ever, it was like a secret.

"Continue," he said. "No!" I said probably with a faint hint of red on my cheeks.

"It's getting really boring now right? Dance, Sing, do whatever! just do it outside, he said as he pointed towards the door. What is this guy made of? One moment, he doesn't even acknowledge your existence and other moment, he becomes normal and argues with you. What about that kiss? Had he forgotten it just like that, Was there some erase button in his brain? One thing I knew for sure was that, for as long as I will have to be with him, he'll always be a mystery to me.

I made my usual face to mock him and went inside the room which held the 'narnia closet.'

I could hear the thunder from outside even inside the room. Another storm I guess!

I shuffled my music and ended the silence of the room. I recalled all the events that had occured up until now and I was sure that I was going crazy. I need to do something more like me. Something crazy, something which might annoy Kevin.

I knew just what I had to do now.

I opened the first closet with the dresses in it. After some ransacking, I finally found a beautiful white dress. It was spotless and looked as if it wasn't ever touched before. That girl probably hated dresses, but I knew what to do.

I quickly jumped in the dress which fell a little bit high from my knees. Dresses had way of making a girl feel pretty. I looked at my face once in the mirror, it was glowing, maybe because of the dress, I thought. I pinched my cheeks and smiled at my reflection. I tried to find some nice shoes in the closet too but what caught my attention were the black converse shoes. I have to be me right? So I wore those converse with my dress.

I went outside the room, Kevin was nowhere to be seen. He was probably in some other room. I went outside the house on the empty road. Wind was cool and blew my hair away from my face.

I had brought my earphones too. I plugged them in and shuffled the songs.

The music, the wind, the tiny droplets of water which were notifying me of the tempest soon to take place, everything seemed so surreal. Had there been any people here, they would have sent me to some mental assylum.

I danced to the music that only I could listen to. This moment seemed pure bliss. People should do crazy things, they are the best things one can experience.

Soon it started raining hard and I didn't care about the dress, my hair or anything. My music was in my hand and feet won't stop. I could not hear anything except the music and faint sound of raindrops behind the music.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed one of the most beautiful moments of my life.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Note: Thanks for reading :D

comments are awaited!

Sorry if I seem obssessed with rain but hey, It's raining where I live :P

-Vrinda XD