I 'Effin Love You part 21

-Jay's POV-

Her mom had some nerve saying that to Summer. I held her in my arms and she clung to me without shedding a single tear. Jimmy whipped his covers back and started to get up. Summer straightened and looked at him curiously.

"What are you doing?" she asked him.

"I'm going to go yell at her. Too bad she's a woman," he answered and started walking toward the door. Summer blocked his path.

"She took off after Annie and I got out of the car. I don't know where she went," she said.

"I have ways to find her," he said, trying to get past her. He took a step to the left and she blocked that. He made a fake right and she went there and he got around her.

"Just leave it. I'll deal with it myself," she said.

"Nope, I have to get my input in there too," Jimmy said.

"How could she say that to her own daughter?" I said.

"That just proves that April was her favorite. Just proves she was everyone's favorite," Summer answered quietly. Jimmy sighed and went back to his bed and pulled out his cell phone.

"Now what are you doing?" Annie asked him.

"Putting a hit on her," he said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Summer snatched the phone from him.

"You are not," she said.

"Please!" he begged.

"You are not going to put a hit on her. She may be a rotten person, but she's still my mother," I said.

"She's a bad person," he said stubbornly, crossing his arms. He looked up at Summer, who was now talking to Annie, and then looked at me.

"Jay," he whispered and gestured for me to come closer. I came by him. "We can take care of her ourselves," he whispered to me.

"No you won't," Summer said.

"AH! Dude, how did you hear that? That's not cool!" Jimmy jumped.

"Super hearing," Annie said.

"Anyway, I don't really care, so can we just drop this?" Summer asked.

"Your choice," I said. She smiled.

"Thank you, JAY," she said, looking at Jimmy. He shrugged.

"Fine. I will leave her alone. For now," he mumbled. Summer rolled her eyes, but took it.

-Summer's POV-

For the rest of the week, I avoided my mother as much as I could. She seemed to hate me with a full blown passion after that, because I could swear that she was doing the same. But she was dragging my real dad to do the same. I hadn't seen much of him since mom slipped up and told me how she really felt about April dying. He claims to Jimmy it's because they're both really busy with their divorces, but I know better. They're my parents and they hate me. Can't say I really care. On the last day of that week, there was already an invitation for April's funeral. Mom probably gave it to real dad to give to Jimmy to give to me. Inside the invitation was a little note from mom. She said she hopes I come to honor my sister's memory. No 'I love you', no 'sorry I haven't been around', no sorry for what she said. Just that little line. I really wasn't going now, I thought as I tore the invitation in half.

"Good for you, Sum," Jimmy said, patting my back softly.

"She's going to be all out pissed, but who cares? Can't get any worse can it?" I said.

"No it can't," Annie laughed. She was super hyper because of the five hundred Pixie Stix she was had. I looked at Jay.

"Stop giving her candy," I told him, taking one of them for myself.