I 'Effin Love You part 5

-Jay's POV-

I lazily got up from bed the next morning, swore when I crashed into the wall, swore again when I tripped in the hall, and finally got to the bathroom and splashed ice cold water in my face. After brushing my teeth, I walked back to my room and looked at the time. It was eleven thirty. Whoa, I thought. I walked out into the living room and didn't see Mom or Dad. I did see a note on the coffee table though.

"Jay, gone out to lunch with Aunt Edna. Didn't wake you, she doesn't want to see you again just yet. Be home later," I read aloud. "Don't hurry," I added. Yes, Aunt Edna was so looking forward to seeing me this summer and that's why she didn't want me to come with my parents. That was fine by me. I didn't want to see her either. Summer, I thought and immediately smiled. I swear that I have never felt this way before. I have never met a girl I liked so much that just by thinking of her would make my day. She was making me so happy, I did the very thing I have not done in so long. I sang. Loud.

"I'm walking on sunshine! Whoa! And don't I feel good! Hey! Alright now!" I sang out. There was tapping on the floor, like someone from below was hitting their roof with a broom stick like old ladies do. Jeesh, I wasn't that loud was I? Whatever. I had a date area to prepare.

-Summer's POV-

"Summer!" Mom called, waking me from my sleep. I looked at the time. Eleven thirty. I groaned and got out of bed and went down to see what she wanted. Her and dad were sitting on the couch, her arms crossed.

"You didn't tell me that you were going on a date yesterday," she said.

"Good morning, nice to see you too," I said, sitting across from them.

"Summer, why didn't you tell us you were going out with a boy?" she asked.

"Because I didn't?" I guessed. She narrowed her eyes at me. "Because I didn't want you to yank him in here and interrogate him like you always do. I just met this guy, I really like him and I don't really want you guys to mess it up for me."

"How would we mess it up for you?" Dad asked.

"Talk about April and how much better she is than me? You did that with my first boyfriend and he broke up with me because he thought I wasn't good enough for him anymore!"

"You don't know if that's the reason."

"He told me that was the reason!"

"Oh," Mom said, looking down.

"Yeah," I said. If there was even a speck of guilt in her, it was gone now. She looked back up at me, her blue eyes piercing into my brown ones.

"I don't want you to tell April about that. I'm sure you'll make her feel terrible."

"Oh, yeah right," I snorted. "April feel bad about something that happened to me? When pigs fly, maybe."

"Summer, your sister is a very caring person and you know that," Dad said. I rolled my eyes and went to the kitchen. Mom followed me.

"And don't try to change the subject here. I heard you were about to kiss that boy last night," she said, putting her hand on her hip. My eyes widened. Was everyone spying on me?!

"How did you know-"

"You were on the front porch, Summer," she said.

"But you weren't....April was the one who....Ugh! Oh, I'll kill her," I said, talking to myself. The big brat ratted me out to mom and dad and it was none of their business what happened between me and Jay. That was our business.

"Now, don't you go blaming your sister. She had every right to tell us what was going on last night. She's concerned about you. Your father and I told you she is a very caring person," she said. If this were a cartoon, I would have gotten one of those big red punching gloves and I would have punched my mother by now. Then, I would have gone upstairs and attack my sister and smack her in the head with a frying pan until she saw birds. But this was real, not a cartoon sadly. I could still do that crap in my mind. Mom kept babbling on about April and her being responsible and how I'm so not like her for not being as responsible as her. She was pissing me off. What did responsibility have to do with anything? Probably just another dumb excuse to compare me to April. I wish I was with Jay right now. Ah, Jay. Soon, my thoughts were full of Jay.