I 'Effin Love You part 4

-Summer's POV-

We spent about two hours wandering around the Statue of Liberty before we went to lunch. Jay took me to the little place out by the coast. It was a nice, beachy little restaurant.

"Okay, so you're starting senior year after this summer?" I asked him, when we sat down. I set the beautiful snow globe he bought me down in the middle of the table.

"Guilty. And you're also starting senior year?" he said.

"Yeah, and hopefully going to UW Madison after that," I sighed.

"I wanna enroll there too. But my old man wants me to go to Harvard and Dartmouth. I don't want to go."

"Wow, Harvard and Dartmouth. Smart guy," I said.

"I'm not that smart."

"And now you're being modest."

"I won't lie, I have a good chance on getting in."

"Why don't you want to go?"

"Because I don't want to be a lawyer or anything big like that. Especially not a lawyer like my dad."

"What do you want to do?"

"I'm not sure. The only thing I'm positive of is that I don't want to be like my dad," he said. The waitress came, checked him out and glared at me, took our orders, and left. Jay paid no attention to her flirts. Last guy I went out with, flirted back with our waitress.

"So tell me more about you," he said.

"What do you want to know?" I asked, sipping at my Piña Colada.

"Where are you from?"

"Marshall."

"Wisconsin?"

"Mhmm."

"Cold winters?"

"Very. They could be worse, though."

"Never been there."

"Where are you from?"

"Chicago."

"Crowded?"

"Pretty much."

"Fun."

"Very," he said. After that was weird, because our phones started ringing at the same time. We both groaned when we saw who was calling.

"Yes mother?" he asked pleasantly.

"Hi dad," I said, answering my phone.

"Summer, where the hell are you?" he demanded.

"Why would I tell you?" Jay asked gently.

"Does it matter?" I asked dad.

"Your damn right it matters! Since when do you stay out all night, wake up and then just take off where ever you please? We are in a big city, we're not home. Be more like April and keep that in your head," he said. 'Be more like April', I mocked in my thoughts.

"Yeah, sure," I said.

"Now, where are you?"

"Out."

"Enough with your sarcasm, young lady. I'm going to ask Jimmy to come and get you."

"No, don't do that."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm on a date, okay?" I nearly shouted into the phone. He stayed silent.

"I really like her mom and no I am not going to bring her to meet you now," Jay said, annoyed.