I 'Effin Love You part 12

-Summer's POV-

Annie gaped up at me from my blurted confession. I really wanted to smack myself in the head repeatedly for telling her like that.

"What did you just say?" she asked. I pressed my lips together and sank down to the floor against the wall. Great job Summer, great job.

"Please don't make me say it again," I begged, closing my eyes. She got on her knees next to me.

"Summer, how long was that going on?" she asked.

"About....a month since we started dating," I mumbled. She gasped.

"Summer! And how long were you going out with him? Since seventh grade and then he left at the end of freshmen year. Summer, that's about three years of him smacking you around!"

"I'm painfully aware of this, Annie."

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" she asked. I could hear the tears rising in her voice. I opened my eyes.

"I don't know. It's just not something that was easy to say. I mean, I was scared Annie," I said. She hugged me.

"Summer, I am so sorry! I should have known. That's why you were acting so weird all those times! And you never actually fell down any stairs did you?"

"He told me to say that."

"Summer!" she sobbed. Shortly after that, her head snapped up from my shoulder. Anger flared in her eyes.

"He's going to die," she said, getting up to open the window.

"Oh, what are you going to do? Drop a brick on his head- hey, that's not a bad idea," I mumbled. She opened the window and looked down.

"Is he out there?" I asked her. Her eyes narrowed and she nodded.

"He's not looking up here though. I'm going down there and I'm going to kick his ass," she said, heading toward the door.

"Annie," I said, grabbing her arm to stop her. "He beat the crap out of me. What do you think he's going to do to you?"

"Agh, good point. Well, I can't let him just get away with that. Wait, do your parents know?"

"No, and I don't want them to."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want them to know. Not right now at least. Annie, please promise me that you won't tell them. Let me do it."

"Fine. But we're going to have to get rid of jackass down there."

"I know who to call," I said after thinking for a minute. I picked up my cell phone from my bed and dialed one person I knew would be here in no time....with back-up.

-Jay's POV-

"Dad? Mom?" I called, tapping on their door.

"What is it Jason?" Dad asked. Ugh, back to that now? Jason. What a weird name.

"Uncle Rick called."

"He called? He called who?"

"Me," I said. Dad opened the door and watched me with a confused expression.

"Rick called you?" he asked.

"Yeah, he did. He says he's coming over, that he's coming to visit."

"When?"

"He's going to be here tomorrow."

"Typical of Rick. Calls at the last minute," Mom groaned from the bed.