Chapter 21

Jennie woke up with a smile on her face. It felt like a brand new day to her, it felt like she was given a chance to live a second chance, and this time she told herself she wouldn't screw this up. Today was the day she would be back at the asylum. She would see Lisa again and she had never been more excited wearing her white uniform again.

She sat in front of a mirror to fix her hair in a neat bun and as she stared at herself in the mirror, she suddenly remembered Lisa's words.

"I love you."

That brought a smile to Jennie's face and it caused her heart to flutter along with the butterflies in her stomach. She had to give herself a light slap on her cheeks just to check she wasn't in a dream. She stood up and fixed her uniform before picking up her bag and heading out of her apartment.

Jennie arrived at the asylum earlier than she expected. Maybe she was a little excited to be reunited with Lisa again. She went to her table and started her paper works first before visiting Lisa in her room. She finished three papers faster than she thought she could and moments later Jisoo arrived next and she was shocked to see Jennie earlier than usual.

"Whoa, you don't look excited, do you?" Jisoo joked and Jennie chuckled.

"Well, I actually have to come early to finish these papers because I couldn't really stay late here, I have a part-time job remember." Jennie reasoned.

"Well, you have a point." Jisoo nodded and went to her table to start working as well. "Anyway, how are you and Lisa? I know you two seemed okay now but I want details."

"Details?" Jennie almost choked. "What do you even want me to say?" She said and she was glad she didn't stutter.

"Uh, how did the two of talk, how did you make up?" Jisoo deadpanned.

"Oh, well, I gave her a chance to prove herself." Jennie casually said and shrugged. "How was she while I was gone?"

"Well, actually the time I picked her up that day she looked different. I mean she looked happier." Jisoo said and Jennie couldn't hide her smile.

"Glad to know that." Jennie said as she lowered her head to hide her smile.

"Anyway, what's your plan now? Are you even planning on getting Lisa out of here?" Jisoo said in a low voice so no one would hear.

"Yeah, I do. I'm just not sure if this would work." Jennie said with a sigh.

"What's your plan anyway?" Jisoo leaned closer interestingly.

"We will tell Mr. Choi the truth."

***

While Jennie was on her way to Lisa's room, Taehyung called her.

"Hey, Jennie!" Taehyung called and Jennie turned her head to him as he approached.

"Oh, Taehyung." Jennie smiled.

"Haven't seen you in a while." He noticed.

"Yeah, I had to take a break from what happened. It kind of still traumatize me." Jennie sheepishly chuckled.

"I'm really sorry about what happened." Taehyung sympathetically said.

"It's okay, it already happened."

"Anyway, I have a request for you but it's not actually me asking you this. Someone asked me to ask you this."

"Who? What request?" Jennie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.