Chapter 19

It's been three days without you here. I don't know but I miss you. I miss your smile, your laugh, the way you cared for me, I miss everything about you. How are you doing? I hope you're doing just fine. Me? I feel numb. I don't know what I should feel. I feel like I'm trapped and I can't find a way out. I know it's only been three days but it felt like three weeks already. I feel stupid for realizing how much you matter to me now that you left me. I felt like I lost the battle again. I'm such a coward. I don't really know what's holding me back, why can't I let go of Chaeyoung when you made me feel loved again? If only I were given a chance to escape so I could go to you, I will. I want to make things right. And maybe ask you to begin again if you'd allow me. I'm sorry Jennie, I miss you. Please come back.

Lisa sighed as she finished writing. Jennie's absence made and helped her forget about Chaeyoung at least a little. There's nothing on her mind but Jennie.

The sound of her door opening broke her train of thoughts, her mind automatically thought it was Jennie but she got disappointed when she saw Jisoo appear in front of her. The latter just smiled when she saw Lisa had been writing in the notebook she had given her.

"Let's go get your lunch." Jisoo said and Lisa just stood up without saying anything.

Lisa sat on her usual spot in the loud cafeteria as she waited for Jisoo to get her food. As she was waiting for Jisoo, she remembered and imagined Jennie sitting in front of her, a scared expression painted on her face as she reached for the spoon to feed her. It happened a long ago but it felt like it just happened yesterday. Everything that happened seemed to be fresh on Lisa's mind. She didn't expect to be this hurt and lonely without Jennie's presence around her.

"Here's your lunch." Jisoo said and laid the tray in front of Lisa and the latter almost didn't notice her.

"Thanks." Lisa blankly said and started eating mindlessly.

"I'll get back to you when you're done, okay?" Jisoo said and Lisa just nodded without looking at her. She just sighed at the sight of Lisa, it reminded her of Jennie the last time she was waiting in line with her to get Lisa's food. Jisoo just shook her head and started walking away.

***

After lunchtime, Jisoo told Lisa she would get back after doing her quick rounds to check on her other patients. Lisa didn't even realize and notice Jisoo was already in her room, how quick was quick for Jisoo anyway? The latter flashed a plain smile and Lisa just gave her a small smile.

"How are you doing today?" Jisoo asked as she sat across Lisa.

"Empty." Lisa shortly answered with a blank expression.

"Have you been writing a lot these past few days?"

"I did." Lisa answered.

"Do you mind me reading what you've written? I mean I would understand if you won't allow me but I thought maybe I could help you if you'd open yourself to me." Jisoo offered.

"What kind of help?"

"Help you realize some things maybe, I don't know. It depends on what you had written." Jisoo simply said as she shrugged.

Lisa sighed and got the notebook under her pillow and hesitantly handed it to Jisoo. Once the notebook was finally in Jisoo's hand, she flipped the first page and began reading. Lisa embarrassingly bit her lip as she waited for Jisoo to finish. It took a while for Jisoo to finish what Lisa had written, she was a bit surprised that Lisa had written a lot in a short while. She closed the notebook and handed it back to Lisa.