Chapter 8

The next day, Jennie went to work with an arm sling hanging around her neck. Her colleagues got worried, knowing Lisa actually did it. But Jennie defended Lisa, saying she fell off the stairs at her house and sprained her elbow. Her colleagues bought it, but Jisoo didn't.

When it was their break, Jisoo talked to Jennie in private.

"Come on, Lisa broke your elbow, didn't she?" Jisoo interrogated.

"Well, it's not on purpose." Jennie dismissively said. But was it really not on purpose?

"So she really did?"

"Yes, but by accident. It's not a big deal. I'm fine." Jennie assured her.

"What did she do to you? And not to mention you were crying yesterday." Jisoo said and Jennie was taken aback by her statement. "She made you cry too, didn't she?"

"No..." Jennie slowly said.

"Come on Jennie, you can tell me anything. And we promised you that we'll protect you from that...creepy patient of yours."

"Alright." Jennie sighed as her face fell down. "She got mad, but I don't know why. First, she was crying, I calmed her down. And then suddenly she went berserk and pushed me off of the chair...and that's how I got a sprained elbow."

"And you even forgot to lock her door!"

"I'm sorry." Jennie mumbled.

"It's alright. At least she didn't attempt to get away." Jisoo sighed. "But why were you crying, though? You didn't cry because of your sprained elbow, did you?" Jennie shook her head, still avoiding Jisoo's eyes. "Then why? You really got me worried yesterday, you know."

"I don't even know how I should explain this to you." Jennie said and she sighed.

"Explain what exactly?" Jisoo confusedly asked and Jennie finally looked at her eyes.

"Is it weird that I grew attached to her?" Jisoo's eyes widened.

"Are you kidding me?"

"Do I look like one?"

"But...I don't understand."

"I don't really understand too, but she makes me so curious about her. She's like a book full of mystery that I want to read all day." Jennie paused. "I've never seen her get mad like that, I was so shocked and caught off guard."

"Oh my god." Jisoo chuckled and Jennie gave her a puzzled look. "No way."

"What are you talking about?"

"You didn't just grow attached to her, you like her!"

"I...do I?"

"If a patient got mad at me and got yelled at by them, I'm pretty sure I won't cry just because of that. Unless they already meant something to me and such actions would definitely affect me." Jisoo said. "But don't worry, your secret is safe with me." She winked.

After their private talk, Jennie went to Lisa's room. Her heart beating faster as she was getting close to the door, it felt just like her first day. What would Lisa do next to her? Kill her? She gulped nervously at the thought and she unlocked the door. She twisted the knob and slowly opened the door. She saw Lisa still in bed, her back facing her. Jennie took a deep breath and cleared her throat to make her presence known.

"It's lunchtime." Jennie announced and Lisa slowly got up and went to the door, not even looking at Jennie. It made Jennie's heart ache. Jennie thought she was slowly getting Lisa's trust but it now seemed that she was back to zero. Lisa was her usual self again.