08. Moving On

~~~~~

Make sure to keep voting and commenting so we can make this book a success here on Wattpad! The more excited you guys are, the quicker I will post the updates!

And of course, if you are not enjoying the book and you want to change something- comment or message me how I could improve!

Love you guys!

~~~~

Mike's POV

Rubbing my eyes and look beside me to see my half empty cup of coffee that is probably cold by now but as I have to get this essay done by tomorrow, anything is good right now, anything to keep me mildly awake to finish this fucker.

I only have 500 words left of the 3500 word essay which is the conclusion but they're always the most annoying fuckers, or maybe I feel like that right now because I have been up for 20 hours and half of those were spent working and the other I have spent in this library finishing this essay.

My head, my eyes and everything is currently hurting as I close my eyes and try to refocus on the topic at hand but of course that is easier said than done as you reach that point where nothing is going in or coming out when it comes to academic thoughts and writing. For the up most time I have to push through the blurriness in my eyes to focus on what I am writing but I see my phone light up beside the mouse.

I know that I shouldn't check it or reply to whoever it is because I am going to spend half an hour browsing through it when that is the last thing I should be doing right now. However, I can't help myself when I see that it's the guys saying that they're going to have to each work late, which means that Hope is going to be home alone. That would be perfect for me to back right now and spend some time with her but there are priorities and I have to finish this essay.

I shut off my phone as I try to focus back on the 400 words I have left, when you get to this stage you're counting every single one until you have reached the limit. This is my last one for this term so its safe to say that I am tired of them but I am at the home stretch of getting my masters so now is not the time for me to give up or to use my exhaustion as an excuse.

For the next hour and a half I drink way more coffee than I should and even worse mix that with a couple of energy drinks, nobody said that getting a degree was a healthy thing. You don't really understand how unhealthy it is for you physically and mentally to study than when you're the one going through it.

Somehow, through a miracle, in that hour and a half I manage to finish my essay which I save and email to myself just in case. Another thing you learn, is that you save one single piece of work in many different places in case on of them fucks you over, which has unfortunately happened to many of us.

I am going to proof-read it tomorrow before it is due, or should I say today as it is now a quarter past 1 in the morning and even though my heart is racing and I should be feeling somewhat energised after all those drinks, I just feel drained and like I need to sleep for at least half a day.

Even though I should probably proof-read the essay before I post it, I decide last minute that I am just going to submit it now and know that I have it done and out of the way, whatever grade I get is what I deserve anyway. When you get to this stage, you're so tired that you know even if you read over the essay in the morning when you have had some sleep chances are you're not going to change a single thing.

Grabbing everything from the mess around me that I have made, making 2 trips to the bins to throw out all the food and drinks I have consumed while finishing this essay before I can even begin to pack up all my notes and textbooks that I brought, thank fuck I live somewhat close to campus so I don't have to travel long to get home.