05. Rumours

Hope's POV

I can really get used to waking up like this, waking up next to an amazing guy for two days in a row. There's nothing that I could complain about, my life is just getting better and better, unlike how it started and the middle.

I used to think those people telling me all the time that it gets better and that you just have to hang on and keep going were just speaking pure bullshit. Now I know that they're speaking from experience, it might be a couple of months or years in fact but there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

A couple of months ago how could I have known that moving into this house would change my life in such a way. I was terrified of living in this house with 3 other guys because what girl wouldn't be but this move has turned out to be the best thing to ever happen to me.

"I don't know how we're going to be sleeping together when you wake up so damn early." Martin groans from beside me, burying his face deeper into the pillow and the arm he had thrown over my waist tightens.

"You're always the one that is up early before any of us." I reply as I have always thought that Martin is a morning person as he works out most mornings and then also in the afternoon.

"You have no idea how many days that has been me not going to sleep at all or the amount of alarms I have in the morning just to get up on time, I'm one of those people." He mumbles and I have to smile at how everything he does is either cute or sexy, he really is the perfect guy.

Yet, a small part of me wishes that I am in my normal bed with another guy, which is not fair to Martin as I love him also but I'm probably just missing what's familiar to me, with how many times I've had to adapt in my life I find constant things very comforting.

I don't dare voice any of these thoughts and feelings out loud in case I hurt him, as that is the last thing I want to do. I must be feeling like this because of some other reason, not because I wish I was with Mike.

"Then I look forward to watching you struggle to wake up every day." I tease him with a smile as I sit up on the bed, now that I'm fully awake I can't wait to get out of bed and start the day; I guess an orgasm and a good nights sleep does that to you.

"You're an evil woman." He groans and turns away from me, I'm assuming to go back to sleep so I get out of bed, giving him one last kiss while I make my way to the door so I can go and wash up in the bathroom.

It seems as though everything that happens in this house now feels like a reflex because I don't realise that I'm walking into my room until I'm hit with the familiar scent that is Mike, something that I had not noticed in the months that I have been sleeping and living here, yet when I have been away for just a single night I find myself noticing things that I never have before.

I have no idea what time it is or what I should expect when I walk inside my room but I guess a small part of me was thinking that like in a romantic movie I would find Mike in our bed, hugging my pillow tight to his body as if he wishes that I was there; I guess there is a hopeless romantic in me after all.

So that small part of me was really disappointed when I looked towards the bed and saw that it was neatly made and Mike was nowhere in sight. It might be quite late anyway and as my brain is still foggy from sleeping but I thought that Mike only has a class in the afternoon, the same time with me which is why we agreed to have lunch together but I could be wrong, I'm not known for my good memory but you can blame that on the countless times that I was dropped as kid.

"I though you were supposed to be having lunch with me?" I hear from behind me and I must have been really deep in my head not to notice that there was someone behind me, when you've had the kind of life I had you quickly learn to be extra sensitive to everything around you.