Guy Number Two

There comes a delightful moment in life, where you look into the eyes of the person who has wronged you the most, and you have the power to decide how they live... If they live.

Unfortunately, I wasn't at this moment yet. I was about three hours away from that precise moment.

I had felt a sudden pain; one like when Luke had been shot. Except this one was a burning that was shifting through my veins at an alarmingly fast rate. Seeing as at the time I felt it, I was watching our packs assemble, I knew it was Luke's pain.

If my reading was correct, there was now officially silver in my mates veins. He had approximately three days to live, judging by the dosage, and his strength, if he was even strong enough-

"Stop thinking about it," Claire ordered, resting a soft hand on my shoulder. "This is my annoying ass, stubborn brother we're talking about. He's too damn stubborn to leave us. Infuriatingly so for you."

"But what if-"

"No. No more what ifs. You're absolutely about to drive me completely insane. We're assembled, we have the closest parts of our pack ready, plus Alpha Blake's pack; who by the way, are the strongest fighters aside from ours. We will demolish them." Emily huffed, and allowed Jack to draw her back into his arms. Apparently he didn't enjoy her getting so worked up.

"People are going to die. Families will be torn apart..."

"Everyone here is here of their own free will. Everyone here is here because they want to risk their lives to save their Alpha and their Beta, and their pack members. Alpha Luke is a good Alpha, Ally," Jack murmured, squeezing his arms tighter around his mate. Emily noticeably relaxed.

"I know, but-"

"NO MORE!" Lily screeched, stomping towards us with a huff. "The more you doubt yourself, the more you doubt your pack. Do not place doubt in those who are willing to die for you."

"I'm sorry," I sighed, dropping my head. "I'm just scared for them."

"And you can be, but don't show it!"

"Okay, Lily. I understand."

"Good. Now let's get started. You are, after all, to lead us."

I nodded, turning to face the thousands of faces that waited for my orders.

"If any of you wish to say your goodbyes, I advise you to do so now. We will be leaving in anywhere from ten to fifteen minutes." I paused as they began to stir, fighting to find the words. "And guys?" They all spun back to face me. "Thanks."

"You don't need to thank us Alpha!" One voice shouted. "We're a family!"

"Family takes care of family," another voice shouted, this time a female.

"I love you guys," I whispered, knowing they could here me just fine. My breathing was shaky as I surveyed the crowd. Some of these people were going to die. Some of these faces, I would never see again.

I took my time appraising each face and committing it to memory. I was determined to remember every single one of them, whether they lived or died.

My heart was honestly breaking.

"I love you." I heard the whisper from behind me, and turned to see Jack wrapping his arms tighter around Emily. She was shaking; an outward show of weakness that I never thought I'd see from her. Emily's arms swung up around his lean neck, and squeezed. Hard. I could see the pressure she was exerting from here.

Emily was scared. That, alone, was terrifying.

"I'm so sorry," Emily mumbled. "I'm so, so sorry. We could have had more time, I was so stubborn..."