Meet Us (Part 2)

AN

Sorry, I'm a day late *sheepish smile* I kinda slept all day yesterday? Oops :s

Anyways, Enjoy ! (:

*Picture to the right is John (Beta) ---------------------->

ALLY

Football?  Really?  Couldn't they just find some other way to embarass me?  Seriously!  I was a photographer.  Photography and football don't mix, at least, not for me.  The last time I played football, I ended up on my face.  Painfully.  In the mud.  With a broken finger.  Now, I suppose I can't blame the sport itself, I do tend to be a little on the clumsy side.  People without co-ordination and tackle sports do not mix.  In any way.

And yet, here I was, standing beneath the hot sun, watching as the two males in the center of the group of teenagers argued over who got first pick.

Luke and John.

"I say rock paper scissors," Emily shouted, alerting me that she was seriously closer then I had at first thought, seeing as her screech almost broke my eardrum.  Um, OUCH.

"They're like, twenty.  Surely they wouldn't resort to rock paper scissors," I murmured, turning to throw Emily an amused glance.  SHe shook her head with a sigh.

"Honey, you don't know those two very well."  She paused as Luke screamed out paper, dominating John's rock.  "They may look old, but they had the minds of a pair of two year olds."

"I think that's giving them too much credit," I sighed, shaking my head as John pouted dejectedly beside my mate.  Luke turned to face the crowd, scouring the faces before he came to rest on a boy near the back of the group.  Then his eyes flickered back to me in confusion.  Ha.  Loyalty vs. Game play.  Picking me because I was his mate obviously wasn't the smart thing to do if he wanted to win, but if he wanted me to talk to him ever again...

"Ryan," Luke called, the authority ringing in his voice, even with the call of a name.  The boy at the back of the pack moved forward, giving Luke one of those man-shake-hug thingy's, before settling himself on the ground beside his Alpha.  Luke avoided my eyes, biting his lip nervously.  Damn right he should be nervous.  I guess we know who really want's to win. 

I can't believe he abandoned me.

Whoa, I'm being slightly over dramatic.  But come on! My 'mate' drags me off to meet his pack, and then doesn't chose me for his team?  Dumbass.  For all he knows, I could be a kickass football player.  Especially now that I'm a werewolf.

I don't think he expects you to be any better then you are at walking over a flat surface, honey, my wolf laughed.  I couldn't help but smirk.  I was going to get onto John's team, and I was going to kick his ass.

Sounds good to me.

John quickly scanned the crowd before his eyes fell onto me, then flickered to Luke with a smirk.

"Ally."

Uh oh.  I could smell a storm brewing as Luke's eyes took an angry sheen.  He glared menacingly at his Beta, and I was pretty positive that I heard a snarl escape threw his grimacing mouth.  Oh well, too bad, so sad for the big ol' Alpha. 

"Claire," Luke snarled, pointing at his sister.  I felt John tense up beside me, and frowned.

"Pick Tim," I murmured, watching Luke's gaze rest on Timothy for a moment too long.  It was obvious that the two team captains were scouting the crew without letting the opposing captain see who they wanted.  Too bad I was basically perfectly in tune with Luke.  I noticed the calculating gaze in his eyes when they landed on the tall, lean, muscled blonde boy.