One Foot In Front Of The Other

AN

Sorry, took fairly long over here, trying to get over writers block, because I knooow you all want progress in this story.

The only hint I'll ever give you...

Nothing is what it seems.

Fan me kiddies! xD lmao, soo, read, vote, comment and ENJOY!

ALLY

This is one of those moments when you want to take a picture, frame it, and hang it right over a fire place, of some sort.  I had awoken to find myself alone in the bed, with a note from Luke telling me he was making lunch, and to meet him downstairs when I woke up.

Oh, and he said he loved me, which sent my into a fit of squeals until I realized that yes, everyone in the house was a werewolf, and could hear me. Yeah, that shut me up pretty quickly. 

I rolled out of the nice warm bed, placing my feet timidly onto the cool floor.  I don't know why, but for some reason, even though it was summer, and almost thirty degrees Celsius outside every day, the floor was consistently freezing every single morning.  The air was warm though, thank god, seeing as I was only dressed in a light cami and a pair of girl boxers.  Yes, underwear.  But come on, boxers cover all the necessary parts, and to be completely honest, it wasn't like Luke hadn't seen me in more revealing clothing.

I sighed heavily, allowing my feet to adjust to the cool temperature of the wooden floors as I softly padded my way over to the bedroom door.  I opened it just in time to see Claire coming down the hallway towards me, wearing the same expression I probably had on my face too.  Exhaustion.

"What time is it?" she moaned, dropping her head to stare at the floor blearily, as we walked side by side towards the kitchen.

"Like, two? I don't know," I answered, following the hallway right into the kitchen. And straight into a full out flour war.  Claire and I ducked, just barely dodging the hail of eggs that came flying over our heads, and rolled out of the way of the pile of uncooked bacon that hit the floor beside us.

Okay, so maybe it was an all out food war. 

We hardly made it into the kitchen before we were soaked to the bone in water and eggs, and covered head to toe in flour.  What the hell?

"WHAT THE FUCK!?" Claire screeched.  When neither of the two boys who were heavily engaged in warfare answered, she lifted the glass juice container off the counter, nodded at me to move back, before she pitched it with all her might at the kitchen floor about two feet in front of her.

The resulting crash was loud enough to send John and Luke into a frozen panic, and their eyes darted around the room before immediately, sheepishly, landing on us.

"What is going on here?" Claire demanded, the angry pitch of her voice rolling just beneath the surface.  At least John had the knowledge to glance at the floor in embarrassment.  Luke just smirked.

"Food fight," John mumbled, hesitantly raising his eyes to his mates.  "I didn't know you came in."

"And that leads me to ask, WHY WERE YOU THROWING FOOD?"  she screamed, throwing an accusing finger around the room at the disaster they had made.

"Claire, chill, we'll just get some of the pack to clean it up.  It's not that big of a deal-"  You know, if it had just been Claire here, he would have gotten away with saying that.  Claire, although she might want to, could not really stand up to her brother, in fear of disrespecting the Alpha.  I think Luke may have forgotten, however, that I did not have that problem.