Chapter 13: Werewolf Drama

Hazel's mother.

    My mother's deep eyes glared darts at the two teenage boys in front of her, her arms crossed over her chest.

   "You boys know why you are here," She spoke bitterly, "So I will ask one last time, what happened to my daughter?"

   A blush caused by pure embarrassment, the shade of crimson, colored my cheeks as I looked down, not daring to make eye contact with either Jacob or Paul.

  This whole conflict was occurring because of my idiotic argument with the biggest outcast of La Push High. In better words, I should have kept my thoughts to myself instead of throwing insults. This whole night could have been avoided altogether.

   Paul tensed, his deep eyes flickering over to the cast around my arm. He shifted, his gaze looking back up at my mother.

   Jacob couldn't resist my mother's tremendously furious eyes staring into his forehead that was aimed downward. He looked up, a sigh escaping through his lips.

   "There was this - you see - people do things for the people they care about and sometimes that ideas to unfortunate events..."

   Paul and I glanced at Jacob with our eyebrows furrowed, confused about where he was taking his lie.

   "I beg your pardon?" Mother questioned, her gaze sharpening.

    Paul rolled his eyes, standing up off the couch where they have been glued to for the past 30 minutes.

    "Sit down, Lahote!" Mother snapped, "you were not asked to get up!"

    Her words came out colder than ice, which worried me even more. She was the type of mom who would crawl through hell and back for her children.

     "Sorry!" Paul quickly took his seat back on the couch, though he didn't intend to end his sentence.

     "There was this car and it - who - well -" he paused, looking over at me for assistance.

     I lifted my head up, my mother now giving me the same glare she had been giving Paul and Jacob.

    I shifted uncomfortably on the chair underneath me, "It was headed straight towards me and Paul here had no other choice but to knock me out of the way..."

    "So how does that explain you breaking your entire arm, Hazel Moana Ross?!"

    "I landed on her and she twisted her arm back behind her."

    Mother raised a brow.

     "Paul is really heavy!" Jacob outspoke rather quickly, "believe me. I've played football with him."

    I watched mother sigh, uncrossing her arms as she beckoned for everyone to stand up- motioning with her hands.

  We all did without split hesitation, I moving closer to Jacob and Paul. She ran her fingers through her thick dirty blonde hair, her eyes softening as she placed her hand on Paul's shoulder.

   "I apologize for such questions and my outburst, but my daughter means the world to me. So I thank you, Paul, for keeping her safe. And Jacob, thank you for helping her, too."

  Jacob nodded, knowing what she was referring to. Jacob had taken me home after the hospital since Paul had to stay back and fill out paperwork.

   "She means a lot to me too, ma'am. Don't you worry, I'll protect her with my life."

   Paul winked over in my direction causing more heat to my cheeks. I only smiled back, though my mom rolling her eyes to his comment.

   "Mhm, sure you will. Now you boys leave my house, I need to have a talk with my daughter."