Chapter 3: Welcome To La Push High!

It was currently 4:30 in the morning and I was sitting cross legged on my bed, completely freaked out about school.

   I turned the page to my book that was sitting on my lap, reading its next chapter with a skim; thoughts of going to a new school corrupted my mind.

  My eyes flicker from the words in my book and over to the clock that sat on my nightstand.

   Time was my worst enemy right now.

   Regardless of this stressful night, all the other days I've been here have been quite extraordinary.

   Mom was rather excited when I told her I had made three friends in the matter of just a couple of hours. What shocked me was that she didn't mind that they were boys at that.

   Everyday from that Saturday, I've been with Jacob, Quil and Embry.

   Those boys seemed to mend the hole in my heart that ached for my family left in Hawaii.

   Speaking of my family, we had just heard from Jackson yesterday. Dad was going into surgery next week.

   Mom had been pretty nervous about his surgery, but she was a little bit relaxed knowing he won't be getting it till the following eight days.

    My mind hadn't stopped thinking about Hawaii ever since I left, though.

    Like I've mentioned many times before, it's just so different here.

   Which from it being so different made going to a new school here even more difficult.

   Jacob had told me that La Push high school started right at seven thirty am, earlier than my school had in Hawaii.

   In Hawaii it stared at nine am, allowing us surfers have plenty of time to get up right at dawn to go out to the ocean, then make it back in time for school.

   That was always fun.

   I shift those thought to the side and I glance back at the clock, seeing thirty more minutes passed by.

   Only an hour before I had to get ready, and I didn't even sleep yet.

   A sigh leaves my lips as I close my book, not even worrying about marking my page since I've been just skimming it for the past seven hours.

   I sat the book next to the alarm clock, then brushed my fingers through my hair.

   What am I going to do?

   I lightly growl at the sick feeling in my stomach, falling over to lay on my side.

  My eyes glanced over to the  window that was a few feet in front of me, the sky was just starting to get a tad bit brighter.

  Around here the sun came up around five thirty, well, according to Jacob that is.

  I couldn't help but to think why he would be up that early, though.

  Shaking out unnecessary thoughts, I lift myself from the comfort of my bed, and walked over to my window.

  I unlocked its hatches, then pulled it open with some amount of force. A cold, fall breeze swept through my room as my eyes flutter shut, breathing in the fresh air.

   So relaxing.

   I reopened my eyes moments after, seeing the sun just start to peak up in the distance.

   Another unwanted feeling in my stomach came when I glanced back at the clock: 5:24 am. Must have been standing  here for a while.

    I run my fingers through my hair again as I turn around on my heels, walking over to my closet.