Chapter 10: "Loss Of A Friend"

My hands grip the steering wheel as my eyes focus on the street. Rain clouds covered the skys, already knowing rain was heading over.

        Today I was visiting Quil for the first time in three weeks. I know he is beyond angry with me, but I am determined to make things right.

        The street sign to his road caught my eye as I turned right down the road. I watched as his house appeared further off down the street- the small two-story home.

        I parked in his drive way, taking a deep breath in before I stepped out of my car. I had never been this nervous before, but for some reason, seeing Quil upset is just a heart break.

      My feet dragged up to the front door, though before I knocked I notice smoke coming from behind the house.

     Without hesiatation, I bolt to the back of the house, jumping the knee high fence. Though my adrenaline and rushed actions were to no good use. Quil was just preparing a bon fire.

      He looked up from the flames, glancing at me before turning his gaze back to the fire.

     I sighed and walked over, my hands stuffed in my coat pockets.

     "Quil-"

     "No, Hazel, don't even start!" He shouts, standing up to his feet.

     My eyes widen, a little taken back by his reaction.

     "Quil, I'm sorry."

     "You promised me and here you go hanging out with them anyway! I thought you didn't like them? They left us for crying out loud!"

     I take a step closer towards him, though he moves back, shaking his head. "Did you join their cult?"

    Anger started to course through my veins, regardless if Quil didn't know who the boys really were.

    "They aren't a cult, Quil."

     He rolls his eyes, "damn right they are! You know I actually thought we were friends! Now your running around with them! You're so selfish you know that?"

     "Quil, you don't understsnd!"

     "Hazel," he starts, throwing another piece of wood in the fire. "We can't be friends anymore and I think you should go."

      My eyes fill up with tears, taking in the words he was saying.

     "W-what?"

     "I'm not friends with cult members. Now get off my property, Hazel."

      I looked into his dark eyes, watching how his fast twisted into pure disgust. I break the eye contact as soon as I felt a tear escape through, and with that I raced out of his yard.

     More tears fell as I drove off down the road, blaring paramore from the radio. I just lost the closest friend I had and it was all because of those werewolves.

     As much as I wanted to be mad at them, I couldn't be because in general it wasn't their fault. Quil just didn't understand.

     I hadn't realized where I was driving until I pulled up into Emily's house. Her car was there, however it didn't look like the rest of the boys were.

    I wiped my eyes with my sleeve and turn off the car before getting out, slamming the door shut behind me. I walked up to her porch, knocking before entering.

     A small smile appeared agasint my lips when the smell of cinnamon rolls filled my nostrils. Emily's house couldn't  be anymore peacefull.