Chapter 2: Jacob, Embry, and Quil

Yesterday went by faster than expected. Mom and I finished up unpacking our clothes, then the rest of the house.

Luckily today is a Saturday, meaning I don't have to worry about heading off to a new school the next day.

Though, I wouldn't assume mom would do that.

I roll over to my side, looking at the black alarm clock that sat on my nightstand.

'8:45am'

A relaxed sigh escaped my lips as I sit up, letting myself naturally yawn as I stretch.

My eyes glanced over to the window, seeing large, gray clouds in the sky.

It happened to rain all day yesterday, though I wouldn't be shocked if it rained all day today.

Washington State was known for its constant rain showers.

I decided to get myself out of bed and walked over to my closet. I smiled as I opened the door, seeing all of my shirts finally hung on clothing hangers.

I grabbed a blue- jean jacket styled dress off the hanger before walking out of my room and into the bathroom, flicking on the bathroom light.

It was odd to be coming and going out of your room, and then into a one new one that you weren't familiar with.

Though, the new house was kind of moving on me.

I placed my dress on top of the white- marbled sink, then I looked up at the mirror.

My hair was up in a messy, braided bun, and the make up I had put on from yesterday stained the underneath my eyes.

I always looked rather rough in the mornings, I might say.

I didn't assume my tooth brush and tooth paste would be in here, but which of course, I assumed wrong.

They happened to be sitting right in their spots.

I smiled out of relief and began to brush my teeth before I worked on my hair.

Usually I wouldn't mind how I looked in the mornings. I would just go down to eat breakfast, but I'm sure mom would like to go out and get to know the area.

After finishing brushing my teeth, I let my hair fall out of the braided bun, it fell out down my shoulders in wavy curls.

I start to remove any tangles and knots from my hair, then start putting on my clothes.

After doing so I make my way downstairs, glancing at every nick and corner of the house.

New was always so different to me.

The rich smell of hot coffee filled my nostrils as I slowly enter the kitchen. I saw my mom sitting down at the island in the middle, sipping on some coffee that was held in her ocean themed mug.

"Morning, momma." I say, walking over to the cabinets.

I grab a glass out from the top shelf, then filling it up with water.

"Morning, nã manu iki." I take a sip of water before turning around only to see mom sip her coffeee once more.

"Sleep well?" I ask her, leaning against the counter.

She nods, looking up at me then down to her phone. She started scrolling though her notes, seeming of which to find something.

"I was thinking that you could join school either next Thursday, or the following Monday."