Chapter 4: Bella Swan

I twirled my pencil between my fingers, gazing down at the four math problems I had left on my paper.

      Calculus was impossible..

    I looked down at my wrist, pulling my black hair tie off and tying my hair into a bun.

    The homework stress was starting to make its presence known.

    I couldn't possibly understand how Jacob could fly through math class so easily. It was almost like he was a genus.

   The temptation of wanting to call him and beg for the answers to our homework was very strong.

   I looked over to my phone, a sigh escaped through my lips as I pick it up, scrolling through my list of contacts.

   Jacobs number finally came in viewing, my thumb just about to press it, but out of nowhere, Embry decided to call.

  My screen lit up of a picture of he and I, the answer and decline button right below.

  Seeming of the fact I probably won't be doing my homework anytime soon, I hit the answer button, placing the phone up to my ear.

   "Hey, Em. What's up?" I ask, looking back down at my dreadful homework.

   "Not much. Quil and I are about to head over to Jake's place. Wanna come?" Embry asked, the sound of his truck in the background was slightly overpowering his voice.

   "I should be doing homework, but I guess it can wait," I smile as I close my binder, getting up from my bed to walk over to my closet.

   "Though, what's the occasion?" 

   I heard Embry and Quil chuckle for a moment before the phone getting placed back to his ear. "Jake apparently wanted us to meet his girlfriend."

    A soft gasp escapes my lips as I grab my plaid shirt off the hanger. "Jacob has a girlfriend?"

    "More like a crush. Her name is Bella Swan. She's the police chiefs daughter." Quil said,  taking the phone from Embry.

   "I'll be over in five minutes."

    I quickly hung up, changing out of my oversized sweater and sweatpants, then slid on my shirt and jeans. I couldn't believe Jacob liked a girl, nor' less, liked a police officers daughter.

    I let my hair fall out of its bun as I race downstairs, my phone being shoved into my back pocket.

    "Whoa, whoa, Hazel. Where are you off to in such a hurry?"

   I stop right before I reached the door and turned back. Mom stood there with her hands on her hips, one leg crossed over the other.

  "Just to Jakes house."

  She nodded, shooing me off as I blow her a kiss before racing off out of the house.

  A cold breeze swept past me as I walked over to Jacobs house; dark clouds rolling in by the second, rain was definitely coming.

    Embry's truck pulled up right before I walked into Jacobs driveway, and might I say, I was eager to meet this Bella Swan.

    "Hey, Hazelnut!" Embry said, pulling me into his embrace.

   I simply chuckled, hugging him back. "Hi, Em."

   We let go as Quil wrapped his arm around my shoulders, us walking over to Jacobs garage.

   Usually when I come here, he's always out working on motorcycles or his truck. Oh how Jacob loved his truck.

   "Yo, Jake!" Quil said as we walked into the barn.