Chapter Twenty-Seven!

Adelynn’s POV

When I get out of the shower a good twenty minutes later, I change into some comfortable sweats and a tank top. Once I walked downstairs, I was met with the sounds of laughter from two guys, specifically Mike and Tyler.

They were laughing at something while wiping my counters clean. I stood there in the kitchen doorway, nodding my head in approval at the brothers who helped me clean up my kitchen. I smiled at how thoughtful they were for cleaning up my kitchen and partly because of how I didn’t need to clean up a big mess.

“You guys seem to clean up my kitchen every time I make a mess.” I comment, gaining the attention from both the boys. Their heads snap to me and instantly, a big grin stretched across Mike’s handsome face. Mike walks towards me and without knowing, my feet automatically moves too, crossing the room to meet the boy I was in love with. No, the man. Mike was definitely a man. A dashing handsome sexy man.

He wrapped his hands around my waist and pecked me on the lips, before letting go and turning around so we were both facing Tyler. As clichéd as this sounds, when Mike stepped away from me, I felt cold. His body heat was no longer around me and I felt a little down. I wanted to pull Mike back by my side but I felt a little shy about it.

When I looked at Mike, he too seemed a little uncomfortable since he was standing by himself so he maneuvered himself around so that his solid chest met my back and he was hugging me from behind. That was better, I thought. I felt happy once again with Mike by my side.

“Hmm, is there something you guys forgot to tell me about?” Tyler questioned, dramatically rubbing his hand on his chin and cocking his eyebrows at us.

“Well, we did forget one thing…” I started. I heard Mike make a sound to speak so I elbowed him, successfully stopping him from talking.

“I forgot to tell you that you have to cook dinner for us.” I said smiling innocently with my teeth showing.

“Is that it?”

“Yes.” I replied, smiling as I got the reaction I wanted. Mike’s arms tightened around my waist as I predicted. He probably thought that I wanted to keep whatever we were a secret.

“Adds, can I talk to you?” Mike asked, whispering in my ear creating a tickling sensation there. I nodded. “Meet me there.” I told Mike. He released his hands from around me and walked towards the living room.

When Tyler saw Mike walk out of the room but with me remaining behind, he cocked an eyebrow at me.

“Cook dinner slave.” I said to Tyler, plain and simple.

Tyler put on a mock offended look. “Slave? I’m a slave!?” He made a dramatic cry and I rolled my eyes.

“Fine, you can be my butler. Can you please cook us some dinner butler? You just have to cook for us three since I don’t think my parents will make it home before dinner’s ready.”

“Well, since you asked nicely and said please, still no. Since I’m no one’s butler!”

“Okay, fine. I guess I won’t play with you anymore and since it’s a Friday, Mike and I will go out leaving you all bored and alone at home.”

Tyler pouted. “Fine master. I’ll cook you and my brother some food. As much as I love cooking, I don’t want to be a permanent slave.”

“Okay Tyler, just this time?”

“Just for you milady. Just for you.” Tyler bowed to me and I shook my head with a smile on my face before leaving the room to meet Mike.

When Mike and I were alone in the living room, he had a look of hurt which made me instantly regret my plan of messing around with him.