Chapter Nineteen!

Adelynn’s POV

My alarm rang, waking me up but my eyes just felt so tired. I never felt so exhausted in my life. I only had four hours of sleep. That was far from enough. I was going to click snooze but then I realized that I was on the other side of the bed. I tried to roll over but couldn’t.

Both Mike and I were sleeping on our sides and he was hugging me tightly. I smiled when I felt my back on Mike’s chest.

His bare chest. My brain reminded me. I giggled silently at this. My heart began hammering in my chest as a blush started to form on my cheeks. For some weird reason, waking up next to Mike gave me some burst of energy and I just wanted to turn around in his arms so I could stare at him. I can do that for hours. I know. Creepy right? But how can you resist not staring at such a beautiful man that was right next to you?

I shifted so my back was pressed even closer to Mike’s chest. I was in a quite comfortable position and despite the burst of energy due to waking up next to Mike, I was still tired, so I didn’t want to move at all. I had to though because well, duh, we have school today. I already felt bad for skipping yesterday.

“Mike!” I whispered, trying to wake him up.

He didn’t respond.

“Mike!” I whisper screamed. I think he heard me but decided to ignore me as he just snuggled his face into the crook of my neck. I felt Mike’s hot breath on my neck and I shivered at this.

“C’mon Mike! We need to get to school,”

“I’m so tired, let’s just skip.” He mumbled sleepily.

My eyes widened at this. Skip again? Was he crazy or did he want to get in trouble? “No, we’re not sleeping or skipping. If you don’t want to get up, can you at least just let go of me so I can shower?”

He didn’t respond but just un-wrapped his arms from around me so I can finally move. My eyes still felt droopy and my first thought was, I need a big ass cup of coffee.

I took my undergarments and quickly made a dash to the showers but instead of going through the door, my left shoulder slammed into the doorframe, making my shoulder in immense pain for those few seconds. I took a sharp intake of breath and rubbed it. After the pain had subsided, I walk into the bathroom making sure my shoulders were nowhere near the doorframe and closed the door shut behind me.

I took off my clothes and hopped in the showers, the warm water pounding on my back as I had my eyes closed. This felt relaxing. I scrubbed and washed myself slowly, taking my time since I didn’t want to get out of the showers so fast. I had to though, so when my fingers started to resemble a prune, I hopped out of the showers. I dried myself with my fluffy yellow towel and put on my bra and underwear. While I was blow drying my hair, I looked at myself in the mirror.

Mike said I was beautiful, but was I really? All I saw was a girl with plain blue eyes and black hair. That wasn’t something special. Tyler keep saying that my legs and butt were ‘finee’ but was he kidding? I looked at my backside and wondered what was considered a nice butt. What was considered nice legs? Everyone look like they have the same legs. It’s just that some are shorter and some are longer. I didn’t get it. I guess I had an average sized butt and my legs looked like any other legs that you see on the street. It was not ‘finee.’

I felt a little upset that Tyler was just making fun of me. He shouldn’t have said that my legs and butt were fine if he didn’t mean it. It would only make me feel good about myself and boost my self esteem but when I actually look at myself in the mirror, everything would come crashing down. My self esteem would once again be low because all I saw was an average girl. I wanted to be pretty and gorgeous like the girls at my school. Yes they wore makeup, but they looked good. They didn’t look plain like me. My eyes then traveled down to my stomach. It wasn’t totally flat and I ate like a pig sometimes. Is that a bad thing? Am I too fat? I couldn’t help but to think about Heather. She was so nice for giving me the homework and she was just simply gorgeous. A nice and gorgeous girl, what could top that? She was a petite girl, around 5’5 which was a perfect height. Even if she wore high heels, she wouldn’t look so tall. I on the other hand was 5’7 so when I wore high heels, I would look like a tall monster.