Chapter Ten!

Adelynn’s POV

My cheek was sore and bruised, and no doubt, my nose was red. It would turn red whenever I started to cry.

“You sure you’re okay? Because I have absolutely no problem with going back there and beating that piece of shit up.” Mike’s voice had an angry tone to it and his eyes were radiating anger.

“Mike, calm down. I’m fine. Just a little scared that’s all.”

“I don’t know what he was thinking, laying his hands on you.” He was staring into space and on the side of him was his hands clenched into fists. I guess he was mad and was thinking of ways to beat Alex up since he pressed the frozen bag of corn hard against my knuckles. By the way, we didn’t have a frozen bag of peas so we used corn.

Don’t judge us and say normal people use ice or a bag of frozen peas. We totally aren’t weird. Even though there was ice in the freezer and we didn’t want to use that. I thought that the bag of corn would be cooler.

I flinched since it hurt. He was applying too much pressure on my sore knuckles. When Mike noticed that I flinched away, he turned his gaze to me then to my left hand which was covering my knuckles on my right hand. He widened his eyes a little.

“I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to hurt you Adds.” He looked at me with pleading eyes, begging me to forgive them. Aww, he so looked adorable, I wanted to kiss him.

I slapped myself. Stop it. Bad Adelynn. Bad Adelynn. I scolded myself. No more thinking about Mike that way. It’s never going to happen and you’re getting your hopes up.

I heard a chuckle erupt from Mike and I turned my head up, looking at him instead of the floor. I begged that my face wouldn’t show the pink in it even though I felt that my face was red.

Wow, I don’t know if it worked but Mike didn’t mention anything about me blushing. Maybe I’m a secret witch or a person with powers or something. It’s a miracle. He didn’t take up the chance to embarrass me. Instead, Mike stared intently at me.

Mike crossed the kitchen in three long strides since he was a fricken giant. He took the frozen bag of corn from my hand and held it on my cheek where crazy Alex had slapped me. I pulled back a little since it was cold. When I came home, the handprint started to fade and you could already see my face turn a little blue and purple.

Mike spoke all while looking at me like he could see through my soul. “You’re not okay. I can see it in your eyes.”

I tried to avoid his gaze, looking anywhere but at Mike. “Look at me.”

Eventually, I turned my eyes back to him. I stopped trying to block out the sadness and the terrified part of me.

“I’m not okay.” I stated with tears brimming my eyes. “I was so scared that no one would come and help me. I thought that I was all alone and left to be dead. I’m sorry Mike. I’m sorry for leaving you in class.”

“No Adds, you have no reason to be sorry. I should be saying sorry. If I didn’t talk to Daniel, you wouldn’t have gotten hurt at all.”

“No Mike. It was me that wanted to give you guys some time to talk because I felt like you’re always hanging out with me that you don’t have time for your friends.”

“Adds, I choose to hang out with you. You’re my best friend.” He told me sincerely. There was something else in his eyes but I couldn’t figure out what it was. I saw pure honestly though.

“Okay.” I adverted my eyes away from him since Mike’s intent gaze was making me feel uncomfortable. He put his finger on my chin so that he could look into my eyes again. I got lost into his sapphire, midnight blue eyes.