Chapter Sixteen!

Mike’s POV

“C’mon man! If you like her, just tell her already.” Austen yelled at me.

I didn’t say anything so Melly took this as a sign to butt in. “Yeah Mike. I thought you liked to be a man in the relationship. Stop being a girl and cowering away. Admit that you like her.”

I am not a coward.

“We all know how you feel about her, just admit it!”

I was getting slightly annoyed by now.

“Yeah!”

“Yeah Mike, just-”

“OKAY!” I finally burst. “I LIKE ADDS. I LIKE HER A LOT.”

Austen and Melly both look at me with wide eyes at my sudden outburst. They then turn to each other, talking through their eyes and high five each other. I blush because I just admit that I liked my best friend.

“Mission accomplish babe!” Melly says to Austen and then planting a kiss on his lips. What happens next is a very bad scene for little kids as Austen seem to get too into the kiss.

I make a loud cough. “Guys, let’s keep it PG.”

They both break apart with wide grins on their faces, staring in each other with lovey dovey eyes. If this was a cartoon, their eyes would probably be hearts. Austen then turns to me with a serious face. Uh oh. He doesn’t seem happy that I broke his and Melly’s make out session.

“Bro, you suck face with almost every girl that throws themselves at you during school. That’s a lot of girls and you obviously go over PG with them. Your frigging kissing scenes with them are like rated R. So excuse me if I kiss my beautiful girlfriend.”

Melly gives him a smile and leans into his chest with Austen’s arms around her.

“Chill. I’m not like that anymore. I promise.” I say.

Melly cocks her eyebrows and scoffs, giving me a ‘really’ look. I look at her back with confusion. I did stop playing girls. I haven’t got any in the past two weeks. That might not seem to be a lot but it is for me.

Melly looked away from me and grumbled. “And you say you like Addy.”

My expression was now an even more confused look.

Austen cut in. “Don’t look so clueless.” He narrowed his eyes at me and muttered to himself. “Stopped playing girls. What a lie.”

“What are you guys talking about?” I asked, not pretending to look clueless since I was actually clueless, if that made any sense to you.

“Cut it out Mike. You’re obviously lying since you have lipstick smudged on the corners of your mouth and on your jaw.” Melly said with a kind of angry expression on her face. Actually, it wasn’t kind of angry. It was just a plain, straight on, angry face. “I mean, you admit that you like Addy but you don’t have to lie about your recent girl toys. It’s okay to admit that you’re a sex crazed man.”

My eyes widened when my brain processed what they said to me. I wiped the back of my hand across my mouth and my jaw trying to get rid of the lipstick. “I am not sex crazed!”

“It’s still there. You’re smudging it.” Melly stated. “And you are. It’s okay to admit it though. I won’t judge you.”

“I’m not!” I yelled, trying so hard to defend myself.

“Fine, you aren’t one. You happy now?” She paused for a bit but then continued to speak. “Just to let you know, I’m only saying it because you want to hear me say it. I actually don’t believe you though. Fortunately for you, you have to prove it to Addy and not me. If you had to prove it to me, you would never pass my test. It doesn’t matter what I think though, if you like Addy, all that matters is how she looks at you as a person. And I know she doesn’t like sex crazed guys. And PLAYERS.” She emphasized the word player, saying it extra loud to indicate that it was a key word.