Chapter Four!

Adelynn’s POV

It was eleven already and most people had arrived at Mike’s house. I was in my room getting ready. The music was very loud and pounded loudly in my ears. My first thought? My ears would be definitely be ringing when I went to sleep tonight. Which I may mention, isn’t anytime soon.

When Mike and I arrived home, I helped him get ready for the party by taking out the red cups and getting the sodas out while Mike moved the furniture. I also helped him put the expensive stuff into his parent’s room and locked the door so no one could get in. The alcohol was no doubt going to be provided by the people that were coming to the party. When we were done doing all of this, it was already ten thirty and people started to arrive.

That’s when I came home to shower and was getting ready for the party. I was pretty excited for it because well for one, Alex might be there and also, I loved to dance! I just enjoyed moving around to the beat of the music. Usually, I would be shy about this but since there are a lot of people there, I would feel more comfortable dancing with the crowd since everyone else is doing the same thing.

I took out the amazing dress out of the bag and slipped it on. It fit perfectly and like I mentioned earlier, it showed off my curves. My black hair was fixed into soft tousled waves. I pushed my hair to the side so that my back was shown since there’s no point in buying an opened back dress if you are going to cover your back.

Now, for the makeup. I put on a little mascara and some eyeliner to make my blue eyes more noticeable. Then, I applied clear lip gloss since my lips were originally a pink color. That was all I put on since I didn’t want to go over with the makeup. I usually didn’t use any at all and I didn’t want to apply to much to make myself feel uncomfortable.

I put on these nice black pumps and looked at the mirror to check one more time. When I decided that I looked okay, I headed over to Mike’s place. It was about twelve and people were littered around the front yard. His yard was like an exact copy of a scene in a movie where a party took place. A few people were making out, some people were just passed out or laying there in the grass.

I scrunched my nose when I saw this. I don’t think laying down on the grass was a good idea. Last time I was on Mike’s lawn which was a few days ago, I stepped on poop. Yeah, poop. It was quite disgusting. When I realized this, my face automatically screwed up in disgust. I turned to Mike to tell him I stepped on poop but he already saw what happened. He threw his head back, his eyes crinkling in the corners just laughing at me. What a great friend. His eyes were shiny with unshed tears as he laughed in the sun.

He didn’t even make a move to help me with my situation so when I got off the lawn, I threw my converses at him. Thank god my shoes were old because I swear I saw some brown on the fabric on the side of my shoe. It didn’t hit him but it landed right in front of where his feet were placed on the floor. Once I did this, I realized that it was a huge mistake since well, he chased me with the dirty poopy shoe. I screamed like a baby and ran as fast as my legs can carry me. I was laughing while running but was terrified. What if he crashed into me and the shoe went into my face? I would cry.

My legs were pretty long but they didn’t help since I can’t run for life. He caught up, using one arm, snaking it around my waist and threw me over his shoulder. It was in one swift movement. It was times like this when I questioned if he was human. I was relieved to find that he wasn’t carrying the infected converse.

Mike marched in his house, threw me on the sofa and sat on me. Yes, he sat on me even though he was probably more than fifty pounds heavier than me. I weighed 125 pounds and I was sure Mike was at least 175 pounds. He was a tall man with muscles so he had to weigh a lot.