Chapter Two!

Mike’s POV

A smile appeared as soon as I saw Adds. It went as soon as it came though since I saw Alex by the door with her holding her history book. What does that jerk want with MY best friend? The keyword my friend is my. Protective brother side kicking in.

My jaw tensed when I saw Adds walk to the seat next to me with a smile on her face and a blush? What the hell? I never see Adds blush that shade of red. Not even when I’m laying half naked on the beach in the sun. No, my best friend is changing.

For the rest of class, Adds didn’t even listen to a word the teacher said which is something. She’s a nerd. She didn’t even steal glances at me when I know that she does most of the time or asked me for a pen. Her borrowing a pen from me was some sort of ritual that she started since she forgot to bring her pen last week. I started to supply her ever since. She ruined out week ritual! The worst part was, she didn’t even mutter a word to me.

It must be Alex working his charm on her. I got to give him a warning to back off my best friend. I don’t want him to play her and break her heart like what he does to the rest of the female population. Fine, I’m being a hypocrite about this but Adds is my best friend and a sister to me. And she doesn’t even have a brother so that’s my role to play.

I shook my head from these thoughts since it was making me kind of angry. Instead, I focused on the party that I was going to throw at my house tonight. It was perfect since my parents are out of town like always. My folks don’t even care about me anymore. It dampened my mood a little but I won’t think about it right now.

Anyway, Adelynn’s parents are going on their little vacation that John, Adds’ father won at work. They were going on a five day trip at a resort in the Caribbean’s.

They didn’t tell Adds yet since they knew that she was going to freak out and get paranoid about being alone in the house. They told me so I can watch over her and make sure she doesn’t get in any trouble. Ha, as if!

Adelynn Carter Cole never gets in trouble. Good grades, good personality, good everything. Hey, she even has a great body and great legs. I just wish that she would cover up a bit more. I mean, she doesn’t expose herself like all the sluts in my school but if she wore baggier clothes, she would attract a lot less male attention.

It’s wrong to think of my best friend like this since she’s like my sister but sometimes, my mind just wanders in that area and I can’t really stop it. It’s okay though since no one would ever know, it won’t harm anything or anyone. It’s not like a best friend can’t lust after another best friend. It’s not illegal.

I felt myself grin as I thought about the party tonight again. Partying all night long and scoring with girls is a guys’ dream come true.

Adelynn’s POV

“Uh Mike, why is there a note telling me that my parents went on vacation?” I asked.

“Because they won’t on vacation. Duh.” Mike responded not even looking up from his phone.

I was still as confused as ever. “They never told me about this…” I trailed off. I started to panic when I thought of being alone in the house at night. It was damn scary. I get scared easily.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders successfully scaring me. I knew it was Mike but he was just across the room from me a second ago. Don’t tell me my best friend is a vampire. He did admit that he was one this morning. I slapped myself for such absurd thoughts. This is not Twilight or Vampire Diaries Adelynn. There are NO vampires. That didn’t stop me from saying it out loud.

“No, I am not a vampire and stop slapping yourself. It’s a bad habit that you have. Normal people usually mentally slap themselves for crazy thoughts Adds.” Mike emphasized mentally and told me with an amused smile on his perfect face.

Ugh.

Just when I thought I got over the stupid crush on Mike since I met Alex, turns out that I didn’t. I felt myself get a little sad when I haven’t seen Alex in the hallways for the rest of the day.

Day. My parents will be gone for five days. A total of five days in my house alone. Just freaking fantastic.

“Stop stressing over it.” Mike interrupted me from my thoughts by putting his fingers in the corner of my mouth and lifting it up. It turned my frown into a smile.

I slapped his hands away even though it made my skin have these little tingles. “Five days! Do you know how scary it is in the night?”

“Yes, you get terrified but that’s why your parents only told me. They knew you would beg them to stay. Besides, five days is nothing when you spend time with Michael Anthony Jones.” He said, proudly.

“Yeah, and no doubt will you spend more than half the time screwing your girls.” As soon as I realized what I had just said, I covered my mouth with my hands. “Sorry, I didn’t mean that Mike!” Worried that he would get offended with what I just said.

“Nah, it’s cool. You already know.” He told me with a wink. “Let’s go to the mall. I need to get some stuff and by the way, party tonight.”

I rolled my eyes at him. He always threw parties whenever his parents were away and he got the chance to. That is, when my parents are not at home since his parents are always out of town. It sometimes makes me wonder if they actually care about Mike at all. Mike acts like he doesn’t care that his parents are never home but I know he does. Who doesn’t need love from their parents?

I grabbed my metro card on the table and locked the door so we can both head to the bus stop. We were both not allowed to drive since my parents didn’t allow me and secretly, I’m scared that I would crash the car. Mike’s parents won’t let him drive which doesn’t make sense.

Mike turned eighteen so he was allowed to but his parents said no and surprisingly, Mike obeyed. I’m seventeen by the way. My birthday is in August which is about three and a half months away.

When the bus came, we got into the seats and Mike took out his iPod so we could share headphones. My iPod broke last week since well, someone sat on it. The person next to me cracked the screen then freaked out about it and in panic, he it dropped on the floor. I was mad at him for like thirty minutes but that was it since I couldn’t stay mad at Mike for anything.

He put on One Direction songs since he knew that I liked it. Sweet right? See, even though he doesn’t like them, he will listen to them for me. How is it possible to not have a crush on Mike then? You’re right, it’s impossible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry that this was a shorter chapter. I wanted to stop the chapter here. Aww, Mike is so sweet. (: If you liked this chapter, vote or comment. Thankss! You don't have to if you don't want to. It's okay.

Well, the picture on the side is Adam Gregory. He's the actor that plays Mike. Such a cutiee♥

Until next timee! :D love; karen♥