Chapter Eighteen!

Adelynn’s POV

“Hey Adds, wake up!”

“Time for dinner Adelynn, stop sleeping!”

“C’mon wake her up.” I faintly make out my dad’s voice in the background. I was so tired though. I just wanted to sleep. I snuggled deeper into the comfy couch.

I felt a light tap on my cheeks. Then, I have to say, it was wonderful waking up to Mike’s face. My eyelids fluttered open and I met these beautiful midnight blue orbs.

“Hey.” He whispered with an adorable grin on his face. “Time to get up and eat dinner. You can go back to sleep after.”

I let out a sigh. “Five minutes.” With that being said, I closed my eyes once more.

Only to be disturbed again. Another tap on my cheeks caused my eyes to snap open. “Mikee!” I whined.

He let out a sigh. “You need to eat.” Next thing you know, I was being lifted off the couch and being carried to the dining room. Hmm, I was in my own house. Last thing I remembered was me laying on Mike and falling asleep in his house. How did I end up in my own house? I guess Mike was right. I do sleep like a rock. A burglar would probably rob my house clean and I would still be asleep.

Wait, that’s too dramatic. Forget that.

“Aww, Addy are you a baby? Need to be carried to her seat to eat dinner?” Tyler teased.

I grunted in response as Mike gently placed me down on the chair. I expected him to sit in the empty chair beside me but he made a beeline to the kitchen.

I scrunched my nose since I was confused. Why didn’t he sit and eat with the rest of us? I looked around the table to ask someone but I find my parents and even Tyler to be confused also.

Nobody started to eat even though the delicious plate of spaghetti bolognese was calling us.

Five minutes later, actually it was two but it felt like five, Mike came back. He was holding a steaming cup of something in his hand. I just looked at him with my still half closed eyes. I yawned just wanting to collapse and fall asleep on my bed.

“Here.” Mike placed the steaming mug of HOT CHOCOLATE. Omg. I loved his hot chocolate. I have no idea what Mike does or puts in it but it is so delicious. He uses the Nesquik powder but adds some extra secret ingredients and voila! Amazing or amazayn, haha, sorry just ignore that. I just wanted to share with you guys what happens in my brain when I think of the word amazing since you know, being a directioner and all. Anyway, I quickly picked up the amazing cup of hot chocolate and took a sip. This was right after Mike had a panic look on his face. I ignored it though since he always has these weird facial expressions on his face that I ignore.

OUCH.

I guess that was what he was trying to warn me about. Note to self, Mike’s weird facial expressions can be helpful! Wow, that was one steaming cup of hot chocolate. It was already in the first week of May but it wasn’t as hot as last year. In fact, it was a bit cooler. That’s why I didn’t mind drinking the hot chocolate.

I guess the chocolate gave me some sort of energy since after a few minutes, I didn’t feel as sleepy anymore.

I scrunched my face as my lip still burnt and my tongue felt funny due to the burn.

“I told you.” Mike said with a smirk. He then came closer to my ear. “But I’ll kiss your boo boo if you want.”

This was unexpected to me. Even when Mike regularly made jerk comments, I didn’t expect him to say something like that. I blushed furiously at his unexpected comment and shook my head.