Nine // Truth or Dare Anyone?

I couldn't comprehend what I was hearing. I couldn't possibly be hearing my best mate right. Harry, the person I've had a thing for since 3 years ago, looked like he was going to lean in and kiss me?! I just stood there, trying to pick up my jaw off the floor. 

"Run that by me again." I squint my eyes at him in bewilderment.

Zayn huffs in frustration and grabs me by my shoulders firmly. "I'm dead serious Lou, I'm not kidding. He was gazing at you with these heart eyes I can't explain it. And the way he was staring at your lips, man. Not just any one looks down at someone's lips, and not have the desire to kiss them with their own."

I still couldn't understand this. I blinked constantly, not knowing how to react to this.

"Seriously? You didn't notice it at all, did you?" Zayn spoke again, and I looked at him with more of a confused expression.

"What are you trying to say?" I start to laugh, then stop as realize what he might be trying to tell me. "You don't honestly think Harry might actually have feelings for me?"

Zayn was about to answer my important question, but suddenly, Liam unexpectedly struts into the kitchen, greeting us with huge smile on his face, stopping in middle of the doorway. "Heeey! What are you lads doing in here instead of in there?"

Zayn and I just stare at each other speechless, wondering how in the world to reply to him.

"W-we were just.." Zayn tried finding what words to say, but failed miserably as he remained quiet and darting his eyes all over the place for inspiration.

"We just decided to come in here because it got a bit humid in there and it's way cooler in here. You know, with all the dancing?" I continued for him, backing him up, stretching the hem of my shirt for emphasis.

Liam nods, understanding our answer, but from the looks of it, he didn't seem too convinced as he examined our faces with eyebrows raised.

"What are you doing here, Liam?" Zayn decided to break the awkward silence by posing the same question.

"Oh, I was coming in here to get a new can of soda for the other lads and I." He made his way past us, and toward the fridge, grabbing three cold cans of Coca Cola.

"To make it up for you guys, do you two want one also?" Liam offered, smiling apologetically.

"Yeah, sure Liam." Zayn answered, and I just nodded, beaming back at him. Liam's seriously too kind of a person to be mad at. Whoever does must have some serious issues.

We exchanged glances as Liam stuck his head in the fridge again, that we were definitely going to continue this conversation about Harry, me, and the dancing, later. But I couldn't help but think back to the moment before Harry and I stopped dancing. While I resisted the urge to lean in, I don't know if it was just me but I did notice a look in Harry's eyes like he was searching my eyes for something. Like he wanted something he couldn't have. Longing for it. Just like how I longed for him.. but that's just how I interpreted the look in his eyes. I'm not sure I'm capable of coming up with a conclusion about what it actual meant.

We sauntered back into the living room, only to find Niall dancing by himself getting a bit lost in the music and Harry was nowhere to be found.

"Uhm, hey Niall. Where'd Harry go?" I tried to get Niall's attention by semi-yelling at him but seems like that wasn't enough. "NIALL!" I screeched over the lyrics of the music.

Niall automatically whirled around to face us. He looked at us like he was guilty of some crime. "Hi guys. Uh, I didn't know you guys were behind me.." Niall grabbed a can out of Liam's arms while he laughs to cover his embarrassment. "Thanks Liam. As for Harry, he's in the bathroom right over there."