Twenty-One // Finally.

{Harry's POV}

"Can I tell you something?" I asked carefully, unsure and concerned about how he'll react. I was bewildered by myself that I actually managed the drag the question out of me, but he needed to know. I needed him to be aware of what he was to me. What he was doing to me. Okay, Harry, you gotta stop thinking, and start saying!

I exhaled slowly, hoping for the best. Here I go.

"There's just something about you that I'm scared to lose because I know I won't find it in anyone else." I began slowly. Louis' eyes never left mine, not even for a second. Well I definitely got his attention.

I continued. "I don't have much hope, but I'm holding on to whatever smidge of it I've got. And I'm hope you feel the same way about me. I-I think I'm in love with you." There, I finally said it. My heart rate sped up, anticipating what was going to happen next. Although there was so much more I wanted to confess, that was all I could get the courage to say. I breathed deeply, and squeezed my grip a bit on Louis' fingers I held in my hand, waiting for him to respond in the dead silence.

Louis simply gazed up at me with slightly widened eyes. He then licked his perfect thin pair of lips, preparing to speak. "Hold that thought."

Wait, what did he just say?

"Zayn! Phoebe! Daisy! Come here now!"

Why did he say 'Hold that thought?' Why is he telling them to come over to us? I don't understand... I finally told him what I've been feeling this while entire time and he just cuts me off?! I was unbelievably confused.

"Why are y-"

"Shh." Louis hushed me, putting a finger to my lips. "Hurry up!" He called over to Zayn and the twins, who we could see approaching us already.

"What's going on? It was barely ten minutes." Zayn questioned, seeming as puzzled as I am.

"Yeah, what he said!" Phoebe piped in, in a irritated tone.

"Sorry girls, but um," I watch Louis give Phoebe a sad smile, but goes up to Zayn and whispered something in his ear.

He looks directly at him, and nods, grinning ear to ear. What the heck is going on?!

"Phoebe, Daisy. Let's go." Zayn said sympathetically, receiving a groan from the twins as he pushed them along, leading them away from the playground.

Louis starts walking also and I contemplated whether or not to follow. Louis stops and looks back at me, curiously.

"Come on Curly!" Louis motioned me to start walking too.

"Okay..." I mumble under my breath, dragging my feet. Louis waited until I caught up with him.

"What are we doing? What's going on?"

"You ask way too many questions Haz. It's a surprise." Louis responded, smirking slightly.

I burrowed my eyebrows. "But I want to know-"

"It's a surprise." He repeated, stopping me in mid sentence. "You'll know what's gonna happen soon."

"Well yeah, but about what I said..."

Louis ignored my words as we made our way to the... stage platform? Liam and Niall were already there, sitting on the edge of the platform, Niall strumming his guitar to a certain tune. Honestly, someone please tell me what is going on?!

Louis strode up to Niall and Liam as they looked surprised to see him. I couldn't make out what they were saying as I finally made it at least 6 feet away from them, standing there awkwardly without saying a word. Zayn joined them with the twins by his sides and I just gazed down at my feet and fiddled with my fingers to keep me occupied. The four of them all nodded toward each other and Niall stopped strumming his guitar, looking like he was preparing for a different tune. I watched as Louis turned around, and faced me directly. I bit my lip, I couldn't stray away from his gaze. He began making his way toward me slowly and took my hand, caressing it. I gulp, anticipating his next move.