Twenty // Can I Tell You Something?

{Louis' POV}

"Hush, some of us are trying to find out how Wall-E will get Eve back." Niall hissed at me and Harry as we've been whispering our own commentary to each other to the movie as it went on, and we were laughing a little too loud in that moment. 

Zayn and Liam chuckled at him softly in amusement, Zayn patted Niall's back in comfort as the Irish lad's eyes lingered off of us in playful anger, and focused back on the movie.

Harry rolled his eyes and turned back toward me.

"Hmph, whatever. I'm still going to talk to you." He scoffed.

"You sure you'd much rather watch the movie?"

"Ehh, nothing's better than talking to you." A smile tugged at the corners of his lips.

"You think so?" I inquired, hopefully.

"I know so."

I was flattered by his words, but I didn't want to disturb the rest of the people trying to watch. "But I don't want to ruin the movie for the others around us with our talking."

"Awh, alright." He shifted his position, turning slightly away from me.

I turned away too, laying on my right side, tugging the blanket a bit. Regretting what I said, I really felt the utmost comfortable with Harry snuggling into my side though. I felt the need to be physically close like that again with the curly haired boy.

I hesitated before saying, "B-but we could still... ya know... um cuddle? If you still want to, I mean-"

"Of course I'd want to." Harry chuckled quietly and grabbed my hand closest to him, caressing the back of it softly with this thumb. I felt movement behind me and his body forming around mine, practically spooning me. His nose nuzzled into my neck, then my back, and his hand traveled to my waist, pulling me closer to him. At first, I didn't know what to think, but then I went with it, it didn't feel awkward nor strange to me. We stayed like that, in blissful silence without the other boys noticing. But I swore I caught Zayn look back at us, gasp, and turned away smirking, before I closed my eyes, enjoying this moment instead of the main reason we were here for.

~ ~

I fluttered my eyes open as the audience created much applause and the children were raving over how awesome the movie was. People already began gathering their belongings together and got it up to leave.

Wow, looks like I fell asleep through this movie, for the second time. Oh well, I don't really mine. I was still in the same position with Harry, but I wondered if he fell asleep during the rest of the move too. I sit up, stretched my arms out wide, yawning.

"Have a nice cuddle?" Zayn asked, standing, as well as the rest of the boys were, having the same smug smirk on their face.

Niall smiled beside him, wriggled his eyebrows suggestively at me. I glare at both of them, and check if Harry heard that. Thankfully, he was sound asleep. Phew, good thing he's a heavy sleeper.

"You ready to sing?" Liam asked in a hushed tone, changing the subject, pointing back toward the stage platform behind the screen. The plan was to not perform in front of everyone, but just play in secret just for Harry.

"Yeah, I guess so." I said calmly, although my heart began to speed up inside my chest just thinking about it.

Liam nodded, and Niall spoke up. "So we'll just go over there now, wake the lad up, and we'll see you there."

"I'll get your sisters, don't worry." Zayn reassured me, as he jogged away from the spot and fortunately, Phoebe and Daisy and their friends haven't left their spot yet either.

Niall picked up his guitar case, and Liam led the way, with him following behind.

I turn my attention back to Harry who coincidentally was starting to wake up just then.

"Morning sleepy head." I laughed, ruffling his curls as I looked down at him. He fluttered open his eyes, and smiled up at me.

He then sat up like I was, yawning and stretching his arms outwards. 

"Hey, where did the others go?" Harry looked around and his eyes squinted in confusion.

"I don't know, I woke up just a minute ago and they were already gone." I lied. I just wanted to buy time. But right then Zayn came up to us, with my little sisters in front of him.

"They want to play at the park. And they whined saying to ask you and wouldn't listen to me." By the look on his face, he honestly didn't know what to do. Liam and Niall were waiting for us. I stood there, deciding what to say as Phoebe and Daisy looked up at me with pleading eyes.

"C'mon Lou let's take them. Only for 10 minutes." Harry piped up, grabbing my hand, leading me away. "C'mon girls!"

Zayn and I stared at each other as it was 3 against 2. And I couldn't say no to Harry.

"Um, I guess we'll be back in 10, okay? Come along with us, and text Liam or Niall about it." I called over to him, and turned away, letting Harry's grip drag me across the field. Zayn walked slowly behind with the twins next to him, busy messaging one of the boys that we will be awhile.

"Hey Zayn." I hear Phoebe say and look back at them. "Race ya to the monkey bars!"

He couldn't pass up the opportunity and picked up his pace. "Oh, you're so on!"

The twins had a head start but Zayn kept up with them quite easily. Me and Harry laughed together, keeping at our slowish pace.

The playground was only half the field away. In the distance, a single light post was lit right next to the playground. A few other small figures with playing around on the equipment, and their parents watching them from one of the benches, having a conversation with each other. Until then, it was almost so dark that you could only make out people's silhouettes.

"That was fun, don't you think?" I assumed he was referring to Wall-E.

"Oh yeah it was, But I did fall asleep though." I sighed.

"I did too. So you're not alone in that." He nudged me, and I playfully nudged him back.

He paused like he tripped over something. "Shoot, I have to tie my shoe."

"Alright, curly. But don't take too long, or else someone will snatch you away." I say with a smirk.

"Shut up, I'm 18, I can fend for myself." I hear him chuckle as I continue walking without him, probably more than 10 feet away from him now.

"Okay, my shoe is tied." I heard him say, sounding proud of his 'difficult accomplishment'. At this point, I could only see his slim silhouette in the shadows, besides the trees.

"Where are you?" Harry inquired me, a tad bit worried, like he lost his way.

"I can see you, how can you not see me? Maybe you should open your eyes." I let out a laugh and try to pick up the sound of his footsteps.

"Jeez sassy, I'm sorry I don't have night vision." He retorted, then everything went silent except for the slight breeze I could pick up, running through the trees. "Marco!"

Once I heard him yell that aloud I couldn't help but burst into laughter. "Polo!" I managed to say as I caught my breath.

We went back and forth until he didn't respond, that's when I got worried.

Suddenly, I bumped into something. Or someone.

"Oops, sorry." I said, backing away an inch or two. The figure giggled, but I knew that chuckle anywhere. "Harry, is that you?"

"The one and only." I felt his breath warm on my face, we were unbelievably close. I tried to catch a glimpse of his eyes as whatever light source around here reflected off his emerald eyes, but all I could see was the silhouette of his massive curls. I could feel his eyes bore into mine, and suddenly I felt his fingers fiddle with my own.

My heart started to pound inside my chest quite hard, as I attempted to remain calm. But right then, he opened his mouth.

"Can I tell you something?"

~