Chapter 30

"Jason?" I spoke in to my phone. He answered almost right away.

"Is everything okay?" He asked.

"Pattie is doing okay, she's ill and there's no doubt about that but with rest and proper medication i think she'll result in a quick recovery. She's strong." I said to him.

"Have you been talking to the doctor?"

"No, he hasn't been in yet, not since i've been here."

"Do you want me to come pick you up?" He asked.

"That's actually why i'm calling," I answered.

"Did something happen?"

"I can explain later, i just want you to come get me. Okay?" I asked him.

"Of course, i'll be there as soon as i can!" He said.

"Thank you, Jason"

"It's no problem, Jess. I'll be there in 20 minutes or so!"

My heart warmed at the sound of his sincere voice. I hated Justin right now, he was acting ridiculous. He brought me here in a panic to see Pattie, and after 5 minutes he kicks me out of the room. Why am i even listening to him? He doesn't control me.

I got up from my chair in the lobby and went up to the room again. I looked through the small window of the room. Pattie was still sleep and Justin was on the phone. There was a small smile on his face, whoever he was talking to was putting him out of the bad mood he was in with me.

I knocked gently on the door. He looked up, and the smile disappeared from his face. He came over and opened the door, came out in the hall and shut it behind him.

"What?"

"Jason is coming to pick me up, i just came up to see her before i left."

"She's sleeping." He said.

"I know, i don't want to bother her. I just wanted to come up and see."

He nodded, and there was a long stretch of silence. He was staring at his phone.

"Can you get off your fucking phone for two seconds. Just talk to me, please."

He glared at me, so hot i could feel my cheeks heat. "What would you like to talk about Jessica?" He was so sarcastic and saucy it caught me off guard.

"Justin, look at what's happening to us. We're being torn apart. All this fighting is pointless."

"That's your problem, not mine. This fighting is pointless, it wouldn't be happening if you just got over me." He said. Goosebumps painted over my arms. Get over him? What does that mean? He was staring at me like what he just said, slipped out.

"I gotta go." I said, my heart was hurting. I felt like i was going to cry, but i really didn't want to. I hate Justin and the way he's asking. He doesn't mean what he said... Deep down i wanted to believe that.

I waited in the entrance hall, waiting for Jason's truck to pull up. Soon enough he did, and he hopped out of the truck and met me by the passenger door. He opened it for me and i hopped in.

"Are you okay?" He asked, placing a gentle hand on knee.

I nodded. "Justin is such a fucking idiot." I sobbed. I was so upset at what he said. I was trying my hardest not to cry, i couldn't let myself cry and sink to his level like i said i wouldn't.

"What did he do? You were only there for less than a half hour." He said.

"He kicked me out of the room and told me i need to get over him."

He squeezed my knee. "Don't listen to him, that guy's being a douche. He's saying that out of anger because of his mother."

I nodded. Hoping and trying to convince myself that, that was true. The whole ride home Jason kept his hand on my knee. I couldn't keep Justin out of my mind.

We got out of the truck once we got home and he helped me inside. I never wasted time getting ready for bed. I rushed, eager to hit the bed.

I tucked myself away under the blankets, and i watched Jason do the same. "Jess?"

"Yes?" I answered.

"Are you positive you're okay?"

"No," i answered honestly.

He got out of his bed, and came over to sit at the foot of mine. "You don't need to always be okay. It's okay to not be."

Him saying that to me made me cry. Not in a bad way but in a good way. Him showing me that he cares and that he's here for me, makes me so happy i start to cry. I slide over and allow him to come up next to me. He wraps his arm around me and i lay on his chest. He strokes my hair comforting me.

"Things won't always work out in your favour because life doesn't work that way, it's not fair. But, don't ever hold back on your feelings. If you need to cry, don't be ashamed. I'm here for you Jess, always. Don't forget that." He said in his raspy voice, it made my body tingle. I held onto his arm.

"I had a dream again." I blurted out. I decided i couldn't keep it in any longer.

"A dream?" He asked.

"About me and you. Or the person i think is you."

"What was it about?" He asked.

"I don't wanna say," i almost giggled.

"That's good. Because i had a dream a couple nights ago about me and you, and i don't wanna say what happened i mine either." He continued to stroke my hair.

He had another dream about me? I'm not the only one having dreams. I closed my eyes and rested on him. Not caring if i stayed here, like this for the rest of the night.

COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS AND VOTE PLEASE XOXOX